Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to run a 4R70w behind my 427w that I have the Holley dominator setup so it can control the trans. But I read somewhere that I need a certain year for my 88 fox but can't find where I read that again. Hoping someone can chime in. But I will be switching to a Holley dash soon if that means I don't have to run a unit that offers the fox speedo use.

And who should I source to build me one?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stick with a 98 to 03 model 4R70W as they are built better than the earlier versions. They still have the speedo gear milled into the output shaft as well. 2004 and up 4r70Ws no longer have that provision.

As far as who can build you one, I am a huge fan of Mike's Trick Shift in Weatherford, TX. Address: 6048 Veal Station Rd, Weatherford, TX 76085 Phone: (817) 221-2400. He built mine to spec. He designs and build his own valve bodies and torque convertors as well. The man knows his stuff and was a lead developer on the US Shift Quick 4 controller.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Silverfox (Dan Gilsdorf) is pretty much the man to go to for the 4r70's:

Dan Gilsdorf
Silverfox Performance Transmission LLC
816-365-6215
Silver Fox Performance Transmission

He built his "4r950" to my specs and I also control it with the Quick4.

ks

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
from searching that ive done 99-04 v6 mustang with the 4r70w use the sbf bolt pattern...silver fox is good as well as freddy brown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts