Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I was excited today when I got an e-mail about a Civic. More I look at it and think about it, the worse of an idea it seems. Especially since it is a 1995. Not worth trading this thing for a '95 Civic, to me at least, unless it was pristine.

The 5" tach w/ shift light is a huuuuuuuuuge turn-off for me. Interior looks filthier than Reef's #######. The console is a different color it looks than the carpet, like it was replaced. Maybe it's just two-tone.

Why did a Honda need a new engine at less than 90K miles? Or did the previous owner just want the Integra engine, VTEC or something.

Bummer it wasn't a newer Civic that wasn't a hack.

-----------------
1995 Civic DX
90K miles
Quick lil car
No problems
New tires
Inside is real clean cuz I don't drive it
New seats
A system
Lil motor work
1.8L w/ 50K miles out of an Integra
Runs good
Just ain't me, never dogged out
Power windows
No A/C (sounds like it was removed?)
Prelude seats

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,746 Posts
Yeah, that looks like another nightmare Dave. eeewww

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Agreed. My car is worth more (or not worth trading for) a beat up mid-90s Civic.

·
US Coast Guard Active Duty
119 Posts
The "mods" are a tip off to it leading a rough life. Don't rule out a 90's Civic. mine has served me well. I have put 100k on it since buying it from my sister since I knew the history of the car. Age group from whom you are buying a Honda from is the key. As with any car the tale tell signs of a car leading a hard life are not hard to point out, Honda being ten fold.

·
Corral Charter Member
24,973 Posts
I'd wait it out until someone responds that:

A. has a car you actually want to trade your car with
B. can spell words like "little" and "because"
C. does not have a car that looks beat on worse than a $3 hooker

Michael Means

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will buy it if you can supply the original Parts absorbing bush, with fog lights inside with it here in Western Canada...

I honestly hate to see you sell this car Dave...

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I'd wait it out until someone responds that:

A. has a car you actually want to trade your car with
B. can spell words like "little" and "because"
C. does not have a car that looks beat on worse than a $3 hooker

Michael Means
+1, I wanted to slap the little bastard! :) I'm sure it's very "Quick" though, Hot Rod Honda!

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Time to clean this thing up and sell it. Maybe this winter.

·
11,043 Posts
... about tree fiddy.

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Need to kick the tires first. Swing the car by my office during my lunch break so I can change the pace of my workday. I am a serious buyer....
Hey how's it been going! You're still in the area? What's the name of your shop again anyways?

I still have to get down to Maryland and drag the car up here.

·
Hot Girlfriend Wrangler - Bow Down
1,485 Posts
Hey how's it been going! You're still in the area? What's the name of your shop again anyways?

I still have to get down to Maryland and drag the car up here.
After 5 years I moved on. I built another house and work in Philly now drinking the Corp kool aid. I have two little boys now too.

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
After 5 years I moved on. I built another house and work in Philly now drinking the Corp kool aid. I have two little boys now too.
Oh man, you wanted me to drive that LX out to Philly? :lol:

Congrats on the boys! That's awesome.

I'll need to get some recommendations from you on someone who can do some rockers, cab corner, and fit fiberglass fenders on.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts