1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is 87gt weighs 3080# with me in it
best pass so far is [email protected] with 1.67 60ft
suspension is all orignal wore out junk and i run 28x9 et drags with 5 speed
i know suspension will help alot but i would think the 114 trap speed should be close to a 11.99?

·
Registered
405 Posts
well if it ain't spinning launch higher and also experiment with different shift points 114mph should be 11 something

·
Registered
145 Posts
You need to work on getting it out off the line. Your chassis isn't working with ya. At 114 you should get some 11.6-7s for sure out of it when it starts hooking a little better.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hoping to put adj control arms in this winter and tubuler k member with coil overs in front to help with suspension then 150 shot hopefully will see low 11's that way. the last time i ran it my brother said it did spin about a car length and then hooked and that was launching at 4200rpm. i had the slicks at 15psi on that pass and it was to crowded to another pass so this wed im going back down and trying 13psi in the slicks and hoping for 11.99.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to work on getting it out off the line. Your chassis isn't working with ya. At 114 you should get some 11.6-7s for sure out of it when it starts hooking a little better.
i would be happy as could be with 11.70's. i know the susp is wore out because it hooks at first then bounces and unloades the tires to where it spins a little.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heres my slip

r/t .237
60' 1.670
330 5.406
1/8 7.771
mph 90.06
1000 10.135
1/4 12.117
mph 114.22

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
what gear???

if 3.73 a 26" tire will get you there

first thing i would do suspension wise is get 4cyl front springs that will make it hook

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4.10 with stock carrir but i have a auburn 31 spline to put in soon as i get axles

·
Registered
467 Posts
Get the 60ft time down and it will happen. I wish my car could turn 114 MPH.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i hoping with some more seat time and some suspension i can get it knocked down to high 11's. so far i have 6 passes on this new set up and went from [email protected] first pass to where its at now.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
145 Posts
That looks like a scary ass ride. looks like it could us an ARB too. I don't even think that would be a fun ride to try to handle. It twists up bad and goes hard left.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats the first time its did that. at first i thought it was something on the track so i tried to stab it in second and it did the same thing so i dont know what broke but im tearing down this weekend and putting auburn unit and 31 spline axles in it the some suspension lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
You need to get your 60' foot times down. your mph is right on que for a 11.9x pass. I would ditch those 28" tires though. that's what is killing your 60' times. I have close to the same setup with 26x10x15 hoosier quick time pros. i went 11.93 at 115 with a 1.57 60'.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That looks like a scary ass ride. looks like it could us an ARB too. I don't even think that would be a fun ride to try to handle. It twists up bad and goes hard left.
yeah was a little a#@ puckering lol. the suspension is all stock with 125k on it. doesnt even have frame connecters yet

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the axles are on there way so maybe i'll try again this wed

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i found all the control arms have the bushings hanging out of them but good news is all the torque boxes look perfect. i havent taking the cover off the rear yet so i dont know what it looks like in there. anyone have any rear control arms they wanna sell? also that video was a 5200rpm launch the highest ive launched it yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts