Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering.... how much of a difference will I feel with my current in my current set-up ADDING a Novi 2000 blower? Literally while drag racing, will it just pull real hard? And at what RPM range? My car now goes mid/low 13's. I assume I can expect at least 1 second off my 1/4 time? What does it feel like to go from mid 13's to mid/low 12's? Will it really pull that much harder?

Might be a silly question, but I've never driven a car faster than the 13's.

·
Registered
969 Posts
You'll definitely feel the "pull" at about 3000-6000RPM. And it'll give you a smile from ear to ear. LOL! Gaining a second isn't guaranteed since there's different variables like traction. And it also isn't noticable since you'd be worrying about shifts and keeping the car straight.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had a P600B on my hatch for a while and let me tell you, the first time you take it out and stand on it you won't be able to quit smiling. I honestly could not believe the difference. I thought it was fast before. Problem was, I got tired of putting head gaskets on it and sold the blower. There is no where around here to get it tuned. As long as you can get it running properly you won't regret it, I promise.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definitely run it with my MT slicks. At a tune with 400rwhp, will the motor be safe and will my rear end hold up for some occassional track runs? What MPH will I finish at the track. I'm confident I should nail at least low 12's.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I think you will be extremely pleased with a Novi 2000. Although our cars are completely different and I have an S-Trim, I went from 13.0's at 104-105mph to 11.7'[email protected] just by adding the blower and I'm sure it will go lower 11's now on slicks. I am extremely pleased with the blower and the car is 100 times more fun to drive now. Also, being that the Novi is capable of much more than an S-Trim, it will probably be the last blower you'll need to buy for a street car. I'd bet putting that blower on your car could easily result in 11 second et's and a lot of fun. I say do it :evil:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Isn't the Novi 2000 the bigger unit, ie Novi 1000 and Novi 2000. Seems like it might be a little too big for a stockish motor.
What about fuel system upgrades? Have you done any? Where do you plan to have it tuned?

Just trying to be the practical one here and remind you of the things that might be overlooked.

As far as power, with 10-12 lbs of boost, expect to see about a 100 rwhp increase and at least a second off your current ET if you can hook up the power on the track.

I remember the first time I sprayed nitrous. I never wanted to run on motor again LOL. That was going from low 14s down to 12.60s. Now I run 10.30s on motor and haven't touched nitrous in over 2 years LOL.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Isn't the Novi 2000 the bigger unit, ie Novi 1000 and Novi 2000. Seems like it might be a little too big for a stockish motor.
What about fuel system upgrades? Have you done any? Where do you plan to have it tuned?

Just trying to be the practical one here and remind you of the things that might be overlooked.

As far as power, with 10-12 lbs of boost, expect to see about a 100 rwhp increase and at least a second off your current ET if you can hook up the power on the track.

I remember the first time I sprayed nitrous. I never wanted to run on motor again LOL. That was going from low 14s down to 12.60s. Now I run 10.30s on motor and haven't touched nitrous in over 2 years LOL.
You might as well get a unit that will work now and have room to grow. PLus it should run more efficient may be wrong. I loved my prochager I had on the 4.6 really woke it up.

·
Registered
477 Posts
White90GT, I know what you're saying. I drive my car around 98% of the time on motor, but when I spray it, it makes me wish the bottle would never run out. It is 100xs more fun to drive, especially with the 1st few hits on a fresh bottle. Nothing like putting the slushbox in 2nd @ about 45 and lettin it go, not sure if I'll hook or not... Real fun especially when next to a Vette, Camaro, rice, or whatever...They're like WTF!!???!!! LOL

·
Formerly LSNotch
820 Posts
Let me be straight with you here since I had a Novi2K in my 04gt. My car was tuned to 375rwhp/367rwtq at 10psi with a modular powerhouse tune. This was with stock engine, other than 75mm TB, c&L plenum,42lb injectors, 90mm maf, bassani catted x pipe, flowmaster catback and 4.10 gears.

The car was fun but I hated how sluggish it was while not under boot. Remember that the timing has to be retarded to run boost and unless you have a stand alone PCM which you can program it to pull timing while in boost the car is a dog while not under boost. I imediately wanted more so I added shorty headers and an intercooler. I lost a pound of boost because of the better flowing exhaust and intercooler. Now take in consideration that I needed more timing since the IAT's are running cooler but never had the chance to do it plus Tim from MPH didn't want to extend the rpm limit a little bit since I was hitting the limiter at the track with BFG drag radials. I still ran 12.10 hitting the limiter which I was forced to shift into 5th gear at the track.

So all in all it will make your car faster but I honestly did not like how the power comes up late, about 3,800 rpms is when it starts to make boost. At the track is different since you stay above those rpms all the time but in the street nah. I decided to remove it and sell it and go back to a fox with a bigger naturaly aspirated engine.

Unless you already ordered the sc, if I were to do it again I'll go kenne bell, tork tek or turbo(61-62mm).

Good luck with your decision and pm me if you have more questions or need advice.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also had a similar experience with my supercharged fox body I had. I had a ProCharger in there and it was basically stock on everyday street driving (lower RPM's). Only when you really gunned it (3,800 RPM's and above) would you finally feel it. I didn't like that at all. But on the other side of it, isn't that safer for a stock motor? If you kick in boost to violently at lower RPM's, will it hurt the motor? And, will it also lead to really bad gas mileage?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts