Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now I am looking for myself and I really want to start earning money but I don't have any talent. My best friend has gorgeous writing skills and he writes Australian essays for money. He gets a good salary, I should say. I wish I could do something like this but I can't find any special talent in me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
46 and I have been in IT for 30 years(started in high school). I have been working for Levi Strauss, yes the jeans company, for the last 6 years as the Global Retail Network Security Architect. I design, build, and maintain the data networks and internal data security environment for all of our stores around the world(1000+ installs so far). All of this with just a high school diploma from a trade school.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lets see... currently a autoshop teacher... just started in august.. but before that i have been a - science teacher - math teacher - A&p teacher- Physics teacher - reading teacher - history teacher - football coach - manager at autozone - worked in a tire shop - worked in 2 mechanic shops- own my own mechanic shop - worked in a body shop/used car lot - bigfoot hunter/life coach business - and part time at advance auto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
46 years old, for the past 13 years I have been working for a major/large Building Materials Manufacturer. I started in 2006 in the Production department and I have now worked my way up to the Maintenance Planner position.
Before starting in Manufacturing, I was in the Auto Body trade for 15 years. I started as an Auto Body technician and then became an Assistant Body Shop Manager for my last 5 years in the trade.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be 43 in October. I spent most of my younger years in automotive shops as Salesman, Service Manager, Assistant Manager. I spent amost a year in there at a body shop writing estimates and overseeing parts. I burned out in my late 20's and sold powersports for a couple years while looking for "the retirement career." I went for CSX Railroad as a conductor which actually caused me a set back around 2008. Next I ended up as a Relationship Banker with Chase. 5years into that I was doing well but politics at work made me decide to leave and I ended up back at a dealership as a Service Writer. Now I am back with the Auto shop I had been with the longest in my youth. Family owned business which had recently been bought out by a corporation. I have been back almost 5yrs and have dominated in sales and profits making more than I ever have as of last year but I must have broken the bonus program in their eyes so they rewrote it for 2019 and it is going to cost me approximately 16k gross this year. So here I find myself burning out again. I am looking to try a sales rep position somewhere in this industry where my schedule will be a little more favorable and stress will diminish. I should have tried to open my own business years ago but I am too ignorant I guess, lacking the nuts too, and glutton for punishment.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I just turned 40 and I've worked as an It consultant for the last 10 years. Before that worked as a system administrator for a small cable company in texas. Before that I worked as a store manager for advance autoparts, the stories I could tell.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 43 now and have played with cars in some way my whole life. Spent my early years in HS and first part of College working in Dealers and small mom and pop repair shops, all while either drag or circle track racing on the side.

After College me and my now wife packed everything up from NJ and headed south to NC to pursue a job in racing. 20 yrs later I have been fortunate enough to help be apart of bringing Dodge back to Nascar and watch it leave. That was 11 yrs.

In between racing jobs I was shop foreman in a custom car shop that specializes in mainly early camaros and then expanded to early ford mustangs.
I over saw and worked on alot of $275,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 builds along with a few cool SEMA cars. The crazy long hours and unrealistic demands from the customers that have the capacity to afford builds of that nature took a huge toll on me and my family after 5 short years.

So back to racing I went and the last 6 yrs I have assemble ford racing engines for the Monster Energy Cup series. Stress is still there but quality of time with the family is way better. I do miss working on those cool custom cars at times but now I have a shop at the house that allows me to still tinker with projects to help fund my own toys lol...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
40 - Work for one of the large banks in the Mortgage side of the company. Have been in several dept and actually love my current role. VP title with no one reporting to me so I am no ones baby-si....boss. Work with data on several platforms and work to automate things where/when possible.

I got laid off in the middle of May. My group got cut in half...one of those when I got back from being laid off a guy who was "Safe" said I dont know if I am pissed you got laid off or I did not...kind of tells how crappy things were getting. Loved working with the team/group of guys I worked with.

Got an awesome package...60 days paid then a lump sum severance of 6mo of pay. Was very fortunate to find not one but multiple jobs, even hooked up one of my co-workers with one of the jobs I turned down...now just trying to see about anything for my old boss.

Work in the cable industry now in a reporting job...had a job offer from another bank but want out of that environment no hard feelings or burned bridges 14yrs that have been the funkiest in the mortgage biz for over a generation I am good. So far I like it...got a raise to boot.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm 48 and I buy, sell and finance commercial real estate for an investment fund run by a developer. I have been doing it for over 20 years now and it has been very good to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, I want to consult with you. Do you think it is worth using the services of such services - https://resumeget.com/write-my-resume ? Now I want to change jobs and look for a more suitable job for myself. I advise you to use the services of one of these services, so that the authors have made me a good resume. This should speed up the job search process and help me get a better job. Do you think that's true?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well...it's been quite a while since I originally started this post, I thought I would throw in an update. When I started this post I was working as a Subaru Technician; I got out of the automotive business for about six months to try another venture building machines in the optics industry. Needless to say, Subaru dragged me back in.
I am now a Subaru Senior Master Technician, 36 years old and still looking for that next great adventure...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Im 63, started as a truck driver in the mid 70's, didnt take long to figure that one out,. been a forklift mechanic for 40 years now. years and health has slowed me down a little so I do a lot of mentoring for new guys coming into the field. Wish I had one of those young backs and a set of those good knees again.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts