Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread because I thought it would be interesting to see what our fellow Corral members do for a living.

I will start: I am 34 years old and have done things from Park Ranger to Personal Trainer, now I find myself in the automotive industry as a Certified Subaru Technician.

I am still sitting here wondering what I want to do when I grow up...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Me: 37 years old working as a Foreman for a gas utility company. I have supply and distribution responsibilities so I deal with many aspects of the business that heats your house and warms your water. It pays the bills and provides headaches daily.....salary.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
35+ year career auto technician. Owned my own Mustang performance shop for 7 years. I have worked on just about everything from old school to new. Pretty much at a "been there, done that" point, Lol

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
43 yrs old Golf Course Superintendent, in FL been at same course for 15 yrs

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
33...6yr Marine Corps vet 0331. Now I?m a Firefighter and working on my journeyman electrical license as a side job.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
43 in a couple weeks. What's in my sig is me. Doing the 12v thing and playing with cars 6 days/week since 1991. It's getting old, lol.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I?m 32, been a auto tech in dealerships for 15 years now, Master ASE for 10. Started when I was 16 roughly and still love cars. I work at a custom exhaust/ corvette garage part time while working for a big dealer/ fleet full time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm almost 42. Work for a cargo airline coordinating and buying A/C parts and Tooling. Also have a FAA Dispatchers license. My dad and uncles own a local auto repair shop for over 35 years. Race BBFs from the late 70s-today. 632 BBF rail runs 4.56 single carb N/A and 3000lb 71 Cougar runs 5.60s 505 stock block.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Retired LE - 30 yrs.
Retired Private Security Director - 10 years
Quit Private Security - 2 years (had enough of THAT ####...) ;)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
51: EMT Basic and Industrial Fire Fighter and Security Officer for Major US steel manufacturer outside Detroit. It pays the bills and feeds my hobby. 31 years seniority.

·
Registered
749 Posts
26 years old, I'm a chemical/control board operator at a chemical plant and a licensed minister as of today. My first mustang was parent purchased at 17. Was a Black 98 GT 5 speed and I loved it. Kept it mostly stock for the 5 or 6 years I had it then a old 84 4-eye with a 5.0 that caught a fire under the hood trying to mess a stupid carb. Then got a lightning, put a built motor in it then sold it once I had my first child. And now I own a 2002 torch red GT w/auto that's awaiting a motor. I think I'm gonna race this one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
36 AT&T service technician on the landline side of things. I get peoples internet and phone connected and do trouble service calls.going on a little over 10yrs with them.pretty cool job i like being out and about all day.

·
Registered
907 Posts
36 years of age.
Worked in the oilfield for about 13years started out roustabouting and made it to Company Man, Now I contract as a Mud Engineer work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off low stress good pay, Yes Company Man was great pay but way more stress. And I have a Hot Shot business for a good tax right off.

Also have my CWI's Certified Welding Inspector license to work in the Pipe Line. Never used it but the hardest thing I ever done was get it. Oil Field got slow and thought it may come in handy.

Also have a degree in Mechanics but never wanted to do what I love for a job. Just Fun.

·
Registered
916 Posts
37(38 in about a month).
Mechanical Engineer by education.
Applications Engineer(still mechanical-ish) for an air filtration company for the last 7+ years. Before that I worked for a small engineering company that specialized in friction hinges(think lap top computer hinges).

·
Registered
961 Posts
43,painter and own a painting company. I Paint million dollar homes around the golf coarse of Pinehurst, NC for the past 10yrs.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts