Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is going on its 3rd Waterpump in 2.5yrs. The current one is an Edlebrock Victor Series. I'm curious to know the others that are heavily tracking your cars what you are using. It's a lower revving motor(shifting at 5800-6000) and has a pulley to slow the WP down. Cooling temps are perfect just would like the next pump to survive longer.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
267 Posts
Stock original pump with 148,000 miles and I've been tracking it once a month for 12 years. Yesterday I had about 125 +/- track miles.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I run the Edelbrock pump. Going for over 4 years. 6500-7000 RPM shifts. Idk why your pumps are failing but the Edelbrock pump has been golden for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. Only 1 Edlebrock failed the other pump was stock. I'm guessing I just had bad luck with the Edlebrock one. I'll try another one.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
My car is going on its 3rd Waterpump in 2.5yrs. The current one is an Edlebrock Victor Series. I'm curious to know the others that are heavily tracking your cars what you are using. It's a lower revving motor(shifting at 5800-6000) and has a pulley to slow the WP down. Cooling temps are perfect just would like the next pump to survive longer.
Is this on your 993 Turbo, or on a Mustang? ;)

I assume you're asking about a SBF application? I've got an Edelbrock on my 351W, after having a Stewart pump fail (impeller fell off). The Edelbrock doesn't have much mileage on it, as the car hardly gets driven, but the reputation of the Edelbrock pumps has always been that they were worth the extra money.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Edelbrock. I too had a Stewart impeller come off.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Have ran a Edelbrock Victor reverse rotation pump on my street/road race car for 7 yrs, app 15 000 miles, maybe 1000 on the track - 6800 +rpm shift points.
Always worked well to keep the motor at the right temp......oh...it was used when I bought it in 2009 on ebay for $ 90. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. I ordered another Edlebrock and hope my recent failure was a fluke. And yes Patrick it's for the Coupe since the 993tt has no water to pump...just alot of oil to move around and try to keep cool. =)

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
What was the failure mode of the Edelbrock and other water pump? If you've had two water pump failures, then you should probably try to find a cause for the failures.

We've used the Edelbrock pump several times. Never had one fail.

·
The Lurker
895 Posts
When I bought my car in 2003, they guy included a BNIB Edelbrock pump he had for about 8 years or so. I installed it right after I bought the car and it had a flaw in the casting. It leaked straight through the aluminum. I couldn't see the crack or whatever but something was there.

I've been running a Ford Motorsport pump for about 13 years. It looks just like the Edelbrock Victor pump (same screw in fittings etc.) except is says Ford Motorsport where the other says Edelbrock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts