Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what valve springs should i use>> 2004 gt turbo. im going for 600rwhp. 15-18 psi should get me there.

im going to be using stock cams. and stock heads

what seat pressure ???

is there a spring kit that out there that has everything a need??
(springs,seats,retainers,locks)

im also going to order valve guides through mmr. (only 100 bucks)

any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
custom 135lb stage 3 boost springs from mhs with the matching sized titanium retainers. they are oversized

ok great thank you. i dont know much about heads.

will these valves work with my stock cams? and since there over sized, is there any machine work need for them to fit???

im assuming i should buy new valve guides as well right??

just wondering thank you

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
well i believe the heads need to be clearanced to fit the larger springs. im not sure exactly how because i had mine done for me. Maybe Nick Mckinney will chime in and say what exactly needs to be done. I would go with the most seat pressure you can find. I believe the Comp high load springs have 125lbs of pressure. Bronze valve guides would be recommended for your combo

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Get comp cams 120lb high load valve springs and be done!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
careful with using high pressure springs on the factory valves. you can break a valve and if that happens the head and piston are going to get damaged as well. i would recommend stainless valves also. i know thats not what you want to hear though.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
careful with using high pressure springs on the factory valves. you can break a valve and if that happens the head and piston are going to get damaged as well. i would recommend stainless valves also. i know thats not what you want to hear though.

lol no i deff dont want that to happen lol what valves do you recomend?

·
Registered
45 Posts
IM thinking about running the basically same set up but, I don't want a broken valve so I should go with 95# instead of the 125lb I picked out?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I run the high loads with .030 shims under them to bump the spring pressure up even higher. You have no worries about breaking a valve due to the springs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts