Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few kits and seems like every other car starts overheating after a turbo install. I wanna buy a kit in a few weeks with income tax but didn't really wanna deal with the overheating issues. Anyone know of a solution for the notorious overheating condition? Also, I am kinda on a budget. Any input helps. I've seen people install head studs, fatter radiators, and wrap the hot side and still have issues.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Another option on cooling is to cross flow the rad. Can see 10 to 15 degree drop in coolant temps. And as far as the turbo goes, That all depends on your budget and fab. skills.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
On a stock rad. coolant flows in on one side of the rad. thru the fins and out the other side of rad.
When cross flowed the recieving tank is split half way down the tank (done by cutting a slot in the tank' insert a baffle and weld up) causing coolant to only flow across top half of the core, the discharge tube is blocked off and relocated to the bottom of the reciever tank causing the coolant to flow back acroos the bottom half of the core.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts