Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock 87 5.0 i have seen a hellion kit and hp turbos as well but there are so many others that are way cheaper but i dont want to have trouble down the road with the turbo messing up or the pipes going bad ??? thanks in advance

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
My B&G kit is 3 years old also, and sees more pain and suffering then most.

No issues with anything degrading over time.

The Hellion stuff sure does look pretty though...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
B&G 4 years and counting been to mustang week and back NY to SC a few times and all good to go no degrading

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
hellion is great quality and everything is stainless steel besides the intercooler. the cost of materials and labor is a alot more than most other kits which use mild steel and aluminum. All the piping is all made by Bassani and made in america. They are street turbo kits that bolt right up to the factory headers and catback which requires no modifications to the body of the car. The pricing is cheaper than kenne bell! Keep in mind you get a full tubular suspension. On3 and many other companies dont include the price of suspension with their kits

·
Registered
248 Posts
hellion is great quality and everything is stainless steel besides the intercooler. the cost of materials and labor is a alot more than most other kits which use mild steel and aluminum. All the piping is all made by Bassani and made in america. They are street turbo kits that bolt right up to the factory headers and catback which requires no modifications to the body of the car. The pricing is cheaper than kenne bell! Keep in mind you get a full tubular suspension. On3 and many other companies dont include the price of suspension with their kits
???

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sorry about the "?". It's just at first u mention bolting the turbo kit to the factory headers, but I guess u meant the factory heads? Also u talk about a suspension coming with the kit? I haven't checked lately, but I think they include a tubular K-member in their non-foxbody kits. Pretty sure they don't include a K member in their foxbody kit which is what the OP is asking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts