Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finishing up on my turbo kit and really considering going to an auto to get the most outta my turbo.not sure which auto to go with can you guys help me plz.
heres my mods so far

1.trick flow intake
2.373 gear
3.anderson F3 cams
4.pulleys
5.75mm tb

thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
just finishing up on my turbo kit and really considering going to an auto to get the most outta my turbo.not sure which auto to go with can you guys help me plz.
heres my mods so far

1.trick flow intake
2.373 gear
3.anderson F3 cams
4.pulleys
5.75mm tb

thanks for your help

I guess this is a 5.0 car?

Built AOD with a decent converter would work I guess....

im a 4.6 guy and run a mildly built 4r70w with no issues

·
Registered
295 Posts
I run a AODE...AOD now being it's non electronic...This tranny is basically the same as a 4r70W...IMO my tranny is all around the best of all worlds. Good converter, valve body with a brake and good clutches they can hold a lot without a bunch of aftermarket internals like a C-4 would need. Also it's nice to drive on the street with the use of O/D and the option to lock up the converter with the flick of a switch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If I could go again I'd do th400 and low getting. Don't need overdrive on the highway. Cruising around 3k ain't bad

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have a PG in my car and while it works well at the track it requires a converter that is a bit too loose on the street in my humble opinion.

Under 850 hp C4 is reliable, over that you are in turbo 400 territory.

·
Registered
295 Posts
What kind of converter? My uncles pro torque set up for his 1100+ hp Is fine. We don't even have to use the gearvendors od he has.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think an aode can handle 600 hp, That's my goal for this car?
I have someone that has either the aode with 30k and 3200 stall with a shift kit no rebuild or anything like that.
Or the 4r70w with a dirty dog rebuild and a 4000 stall says it could handle 600 hp.
What should I do

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Do you think an aode can handle 600 hp, That's my goal for this car?
I have someone that has either the aode with 30k and 3200 stall with a shift kit no rebuild or anything like that.
Or the 4r70w with a dirty dog rebuild and a 4000 stall says it could handle 600 hp.
What should I do

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
The 4r70w with dirty dog rebuild is the way to go....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts