Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to mini tub it, but my metal guy asked how far i wanted to go with car, well we decided wanted to do 4 link, well he told me check on if there are kits, and he will put on. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
How fast are you going to run?
There are cars that can easily run low 9's with the stock type suspension and there are a lot that are in the low 8's all w/o 4-link setups.

KS

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to run 1/8 mile mainly, I will be in 7's there on motor, hoping 6's on spray... I was considering doing the team z rear strip kit... But am wanting suggestions, I kow power cant get to ground with out suspension also looking for deals

·
Registered
142 Posts
Unless you have bigger plans down the road you don't need mini tubs or fancy suspension. I run faster than that on UPR stock style rear stuff and 275 MTs. This is not bragging because my car is a turtle for what it is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Make sure you reinforce the torque box area on the car via welding, torque box plates, or aftermarket torque boxes because after several hard launches the factory ones will tear. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i just got their 9in rear end kit for my car. i have the skinny kid mini tubs. it all bolts to the stock places but it does it with 5/8bolts and not the stock bolts. how fast do u want to go and what cage do u have in the car is it mild steel or chromemoly. mild steel 10 point cage is good for 8.50 1/4 and a 10 point chromemoly is good for a 8.30 1/4. my friend has the same set up as i do his car ran like a 8.20 or 8.30 1/4 with there rear end kit. they sell both stock type and a 4 link kit

http://autoweldchassis.com/lskits.ivnu

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
for what your doing all you need is a good set of upper and lower controls arms some strange ten ways shocks and struts and an ARB. and have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts