Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I've been looking at buying this 91 coupe with the 2.3 and I'm wondering what these are going for these days. The guy wants 2800$ for the car and it has some issues. The synchro for the 3-4 hub is shot so it grinds going into gear, it needs a new ignition cylinder, both door handles and the front bumper Is missing a chunk out of it. The paint isn't original either but it doesn't look bad. The body is in good shape only a couple dings here and there but nothing major.The good stuff is that the car drives great everything feels tight and there's not a spot of rust anywhere on the car. The interior is pretty much shot though. I'm just looking on some advice on weather I should buy it or not. Here's some pictures of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
That's huge money. I sold this car a year ago. I'm in Wisconsin (rust belt) Car was rust free from Texas. Interior was decent, but the front seats were shot. Air, cruise, PW/PDL/PM, five speed, brand new tires. Paint was super faded, missing a fender extension, had a small wrinkle in quarter that had already been replaced, scuff and tear in front bumper cover. I paid $1700 in 2010, Sold it in Spring of 2015 for $1,700.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The reason I sold that car is because I bought a 4cyl/auto coupe from California that had a nicer body than the red one, but drove like ####. The red car was a super nice daily.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's why I'm thinking about this one. All the other 2.3s in the area are pretty close in price. I don't know if it's just the area? In Nevada

·
Registered
840 Posts
I paid 2 grand for the green car. I would think in an area where things don't rust, a nice clean one could be found for $1000-$1500. I think anything in the $2000 or more out west would have to be a super mint car in a desirable color combo.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I paid $400 for a fairly rust free (passenger floor pan) 5 spd, roller car. Original 4cyl car. I gutted it and it has a BB in it now. Plus i found a gold ring in it worth about $200.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I wouldn't buy a 2.3 mustang to drive dailay at any price. You get passed by mopeds if you have the A/C on THe car you are looking at is worth maybe $1000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts