Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so first and foremost, your dealing with an ADD muthaf***er. I've done some searching and it's just not sticking to my brain. I have a 146,xxx mile 1990 LX with GT-40X heads, a Cobra intake, a BBK 65 mm throttle body, B-303 camshaft, Doug's ceramic shorty headers, BBK H-Pipe w/o cats, and Cobra underdrive pulleys. What should I expect at the 1/4 mile track with 255 wide G2-comp tires? I smoked a new Mustang off the line by several car lenghts so I'm sure he spun-out. I slowed down and we ran from 40 to 80 MPH with him pulling me by 1.5 car lenghts. I then found out through a real mechanic that my Mass Air Flow Meter was toast. He replaced that along with some rear bushings that were junk and installed some progressive (?) springs. It runs like hell so what do y'all think it'll do in the 1/4 mile? Assume that I'm terrible at driving even though I don't think I'm bad. 13.5s? 12.9s? I really gotta get this thing Dyno tuned...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awe crap, I forgot to mention that it's an AOD with 3.73:1 rear end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap, also, it has smog delete and egr delete.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um, and a C&L cold air intake.... good frickin grief....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm guessing 13.5 - 13.9
My 95 AODE car with 4.10s beats everything I've ran off the line but it only runs 13.8s and 60ft times suck at the track.
Your results may vary 😀 Only way to find out is go to the track.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing 13.5 - 13.9
My 95 AODE car with 4.10s beats everything I've ran off the line but it only runs 13.8s and 60ft times suck at the track.
Your results may vary Only way to find out is go to the track.
Yeah, I've got a local track but have never been. I submitted a form to see what a Dyno tune will cost but I'm considering a Holley Terminator X....

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you even get into the 13s thats an accomplishment.

The tires are gonna hold you back.. just have fun and borrow someones slicks if you can

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't see any mention of an aftermarket torque converter. Without that piece of the puzzle, I don't see tires being an issue. I predict low 2.0 60 foots and high 13 second times. A good converter and drag radials are a match made in heaven.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm fairly certain that it has a stock converter. I used a 1/4 mile app in a controlled environment and it registered low 13's at over 102 MPH. I can tell you that from 40-80 MPH, a new 10-speed Mustang GT can only pull me by a car length. And he shifted 3 times! I love my car....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also,
if your Cobra lower is stock, you are holding back 15-20 HP, it flows about 30-40 cfm less than your X heads.
I'm mostly certain that the lower intake is stock. The guy that I bought it from threw some parts at it but not much else including basic maintenance.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you can beat a 2018 auto mustang gt you have a low 12sec high 11 sec car on your hands.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm fairly certain that it has a stock converter. I used a 1/4 mile app in a controlled environment and it registered low 13's at over 102 MPH. I can tell you that from 40-80 MPH, a new 10-speed Mustang GT can only pull me by a car length. And he shifted 3 times! I love my car....
I have iron GT40's that have been smoothed both intake and exhaust, Crower 15512 cam with 1.7 RR's, stock EGR Explorer intakes, 70mm TB, 76mm C&L meter, 19 lbs Explorer injectors, MAC equal length shorties and full MAC 2.5" exhaust with aftermarket cats. When I run a marked 1/4 on the street I leave at idle (no tire spin) manually shift at 5500rpm (chirp tires into 2 and 3) and finish the 1/4 at 4900rpm doing 102-103 mph on a 255/60/16 street tire (26.2" tall). I have not dyno'd or gone to the track but our results seem similar. I to have an stock AOD car with a VB and 3.73's weighing a portly 3750 lbs with me in it.

Post your times when you go to the track, I will be very curious.

·
Old timer
5,805 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts