Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe I just don't know what a tack weld is (no, me not know something?! :rolleyes: ) but I'm missing what part of the crossmember I have to grind. It doesn't seem like there's much material to grind to make this thing fit. Can someone set my goofy butt straight please?

Edit: Oh crap, I forgot to ask if the Motorsport adjustable crossmember is an option? I thought maybe it only fit 79-85 Mustangs? Thanks again ya'll...

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Look at the tubes that the bolts go through. Where the meat of the crossmember attaches to the tubes there is a small weld, or a few tacking the center section to the tubes. That needs to be ground off so the tubes can slide back and forth. Once you see it you'll be able to picture what I'm describing.

If you get stuck or wreck it trying, an AOD crossmember will work without modifications.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful! I got the idea. And the AOD crossmember shouldn't be too hard to come by either. Thanks bro...

·
Registered
183 Posts
The FMS crossmember is an option for your car too, it works up to 93's...possibly newer to but I know 93 for sure. With the FMS the round bushing tubes are loose and not welded so you can position it where you need it and tack weld it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts