Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a roush, whipple and vmp among others. Heard whipple is the way to go. Looking for 700 rwhp. Have a low compression aluminator coyote engine. Have the usual mods. Oil pump gears, long tube headers, etc. is the whipple the way to go or maybe the vmp or roush? It is a 92 notch with a 4r70w.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Depends on how much boost it'll require to make that 700 I believe. I remember reading that the TVS blowers will be more efficient up to 16-17psi, then the twin screw type blowers have higher efficiencies at higher boost. the VMP Gen 2-R looks promising and they're working on the 2650cc unit as well, which I heard is supposed to be released this year.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have talked to Frank at PBR about the VMP. I also heard the Whipple was good and I believe they use that on the Cobra Jet engine. It is a street car but will see the drag strip a handful of times in a year. The car is really nice looking so don't want to beat on it too much, but would like to see what it can do from time to time.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not sure if its worth going this route or now, but Department of Boost allows you to run a gt500 (m122 or TVS) blower with their intercooler kit. Might save some coin and get you to 700hp with the 2013/14 TVS blowers. I'm considering using a procharger on my 67 mustang if I got coyote swap. Still doing research.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Any of the ones you listed will do it. A guy I've seen at the track has an 11GT with the 6R80 and the Roush TVS and has gone [email protected] Drives it there and back.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you have any interest in going turbo let me know. I have a brand new twin turbo setup for a coyote foxbody I am thinking about selling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at a roush, whipple and vmp among others. Heard whipple is the way to go. Looking for 700 rwhp. Have a low compression aluminator coyote engine. Have the usual mods. Oil pump gears, long tube headers, etc. is the whipple the way to go or maybe the vmp or roush? It is a 92 notch with a 4r70w.
Any of the supercharger systems mentioned above can be tuned to meet your power goal. The 2.9L twin screw will not be working as hard to produce 700whp compared to the 2.3L TVS Roush/VMP blowers which are very similar.

Another option would be the new Edelbrock 2650 TVS that we just released. Although smaller in displacement than the twin screw, it has less parasitic loss meaning more power to the wheels and less stress on the belt drive.

During dyno testing we made 900hp on a 2015 spec Coyote Aluminator at about 20psi (C12 fuel). We are in the process of building a sleeved motor to take the power level further. We also made 930hp on a Gen 3 Hemi engine with the same supercharger.

We offer most of our supercharger kits with a universal option that omits any vehicle specific parts (saving money) and includes what is required for the engine it is being installed on. This universal program was developed for engine swaps like the project you are working on. From there we offer multiple universal heat exchangers so you can choose the best fit for your vehicle.

I attached a few pictures showing how large the new Dual-Pass, Three Chamber intercooler is and how well the supercharger fits under low profile hood applications as in this Cobra Kit Car.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts