Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the bullit intake on my gt and can't find a strut tower brace that clears the intake. most of the sites don't specify if it would work or not....

anyone know where to find one?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Steve93mustanglx said:
hard to go wrong with Maximum Motorsports

http://maximummotorsports.com/stb.asp

Got a question about that, I have a 92 notch with a carbed 351.

Should I get the brace for 79-85(carb) or 86-93(efi) even though they are both supposed to clear the intake?

thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've got a 91 with the 4 pt MM brace and I would feel very comfortable using it with a 351 if I had to--there is tons of room. Even if your dizzy was close, I'm sure you could tweak the cross bar out of the way just enough without screwing anything up

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, going with the kenny brown strut tower brace... seems to be the only one that is for the bullit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
redb*tch said:
I've got a 91 with the 4 pt MM brace and I would feel very comfortable using it with a 351 if I had to--there is tons of room. Even if your dizzy was close, I'm sure you could tweak the cross bar out of the way just enough without screwing anything up
You wouldn't happen to have a pic?

thanks and sorry for the hijack stang_girl!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why bother with a strut tower brace? Not sure what you're doing with the car, but there are many more significant weaknesses affecting handling. The strut brace is WAY down the list as far as effective improvements.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
motoace said:
Why bother with a strut tower brace? Not sure what you're doing with the car, but there are many more significant weaknesses affecting handling. The strut brace is WAY down the list as far as effective improvements.
I think I have most of the other parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts