Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:i know this is approx., but 28x10.5x15.....power glide.....1.76 gear....700+ lift cam....351 stroker....if more info is needed let me know....any help is appreciated...thankyou...also have 4.56 now....but am scared this is too much...and will be 1/8th mile only........thankyou

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dynamic, Ultimate, PTC, Trans King, Coan...etc. Talk with them they will get you set up with the right convertor and you will be very happy with the results.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Yeah your info is pretty vague. You need to talk to a converter company. I use Circle D www.circledspecialties.com for all my converter work.

To get it right, one would need to know the following things that you have not provided:
Cubic Inches
Compression ratio
head flow
Exact cam specs
intake/carb
nitrous or n/a
vehicle race weight

Or you can provide some dyno numbers from an engine dyno and they can spec it that way.

How high do you plan to spin the motor? How much over .700 is the cam? What is the duration?

I have a .688 lift cam with 262/264 duration and .026/.028 lash making it around .660 lift. I shift at 6400 rpms and have a 4400 rpm stall against the t-brake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts