Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what size stall convertor guys with stock block and cam 302 with 70mm turbo and a c4 are using?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was running a stock short block with heads and cam, 78mm 15psi, c-4 3.27 gear with a 3500 convertor till it broke the block :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were you running a trans brake? I can't seem to build boost on the line with my 3500stall foot braking (have a brake not hooked up yet) my 60s are worse than when i would run on motor with the t5 lol!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yep gotta have the brake or at least foot brake it till it builds boost...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
323 Posts
were you running a trans brake? I can't seem to build boost on the line with my 3500stall foot braking (have a brake not hooked up yet) my 60s are worse than when i would run on motor with the t5 lol!!!
Yes, it was leaving on the trans brake with 5lbs

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks i kind of figured thats my problem! I ll hook up the brake and 2step over the winter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would with a 9" 4000 stall we have run them a ton in street/track cars. Get a nice electronic boost controller wire it n on transbrake switch and hold it wide open 60' times will b good if you have good suspension

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I have a 10" PTC converter in mine. It stalls to 3K on the trans brake and then starts making boost. Once it starts making boost it will power over to about 4200.

·
Registered
657 Posts
stall

Nice thread ,im new to this automatic stuff and was wondering if someone have a similar setup as mine for stall info,331 dss motor eagle internals,185afr,anderson b31 cam,trick flow r intake,pony down stage3,precision 76gtsh,th400 tranny brake full manual,more o less what stall i will be looking at and what type of company i be looking for thanks. also sprag or spragless info to.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice thread ,im new to this automatic stuff and was wondering if someone have a similar setup as mine for stall info,331 dss motor eagle internals,185afr,anderson b31 cam,trick flow r intake,pony down stage3,precision 76gtsh,th400 tranny brake full manual,more o less what stall i will be looking at and what type of company i be looking for thanks. also sprag or spragless info to.
A lot of people use Ultimate Converter - Home

·
Registered
657 Posts
stall

Thanks for the info, just want to know what u guys are stalling more or less at,sprag or spragless im looking more at the streets with track intentions,i know is plenty of guys here with good stall and combination that work best for track and streets.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have not started my car yet but my converter stall should be 3600-3800 recommended by Ultimate converter. (AOD no TB) hoping for over 600 rwhp

·
Registered
657 Posts
stall

Thanks john,im doing my home work thats y i ask like to know what kind of sprag u guys are useing ,spragless,super sprag, antiballon plates,billet steel back,or what kind of option is out there for turbo guys.thanks corral. and what kind of pilot spacer and size please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts