Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order a coil over kit for my fox and trying to figure out what front spring rate to buy, im going to use gt springs in rear and cut to the hieght i want.. But dont know what spring rate to get for front to have a 245 45 17 to have a small gap at top of fender and work good at the drag strip on skinnies? And info or experience would be great.. Here how it sits now ImageUploadedByAG Free1392952522.950574.jpg

Im looking for it to sit about a inch lower then the back sits now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Depends on what you are looking to do, be it street or drag. Regardless the coilover spanner sets the ride height not the spring rate. I'm running 175# lbs with my team-z's and had the same with my upr's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I should have asked "6.0" iron or aluminum? I assumed aluminum my bad. I should add I have a lot of weight off the nose with an aluminum block..I.e.my 175# springs.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ImageUploadedByAG Free1394262842.188777.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1394262877.823299.jpg

Ended up using upr drag springs, cut one coil in front sits perfect i didnt realize someone cut the #### out of the stock ones ImageUploadedByAG Free1394263100.531450.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry I'm late, I called Dave @ Team-Z
He said with tubular exerything for the street 200#'s
For the track 175#'s
With an iron block and/or turbo I would lean toward the 200lb-ers.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm going 200 when i go coil over. And yes its a iron block 6.0l i will get some more resent pics up asap. Ended up going drag springs in front cut 1 coil and 1 1/2 coil cut stocks in rear with umi lift bars with urethane insulators top and bottom

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i'm using 175's in mine

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I believe mine are 14's and I have good weight transfer but I also have double adjustable Afco struts and Strange rear adj shocks. I now also have Team Z anti roll bar. Tomorrow I'm trying some new tires so it will take a few pases to see how it all works now.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
What I have seen on some cars that guys will complain of excess noise in the front struts when using shorter springs. When the car comes way up on the launch the spring loses its tension and is now under no load so its loose for a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so 14 200 might be a good starting point. I just put these on and removed swap bar and front end doesnt lift at all ImageUploadedByAG Free1415028090.795698.jpg stock struts with eibach front drag springs dont work with this setup lol

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Ok so 14 200 might be a good starting point. I just put these on and removed swap bar and front end doesnt lift at all View attachment 370873 stock struts with eibach front drag springs dont work with this setup lol

Stock struts and it shouldn't work. Do you mean when moving? Your rear suspension needs to be set up also. The lower rear arms are like leverage trying to lift. If it's off then no matter what you have up front you will not have any good travel.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has stock struts. If i bounce front end it tightens up. Ditching umi lift bars and going with trz double adjustable uppers and solid lowers. Should work a lot better

·
Registered
305 Posts
12x150 on the front of mine. Cam only, intake and carb. Heads milled .020. stock otherwise. 1.300 60ft 6.24 et

·
Registered
305 Posts
Anti roll is upr, home made lower relocation brackets, upr double adj uppers, strange 10 ways front and rear. 4.30 gear. Gonna try a little stiffer on rear struts to see if it will help keep them planted on gear changes. Having problems spinning down track

1 - 18 of 18 Posts