Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on adding BBK longtubes and I'm going to replace the clutch while I'm at it. Which one would better be suited for me. I'm planning to get a Procharger in a few years. Also were is the best place to get one from (cheapest).

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
684 Posts
Stage 4 works great for me.

No chatter!!!

Later, Jason

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got a stage two and wish I would have went with the stage 3 and in N/A. Although the clutch will hold just fine for what I have, I just like having some even better. My stage two is completly chatter free.

Travis

·
Authorized Advertiser
145 Posts
Stage I 400rwhp
Stage II 475rwhp
Stage III 600rwhp
Stage IV 650rwhp

If you are within 25% of the top of the rating I'd move up. For example, if you are making 385rwhp, the Stage II is a better choice.

How much power are you planning to make?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be adding a 10# Procharger kit in a few years. But that is a while off. Would the stage 2 work even after I add the supercharger. I will keep the power moderate and no go crazy with it.

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is the Stage I better than the stocker?? I've got 12,500 mi on my car and was wanting to replace the clutch also w/ the LT install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The S1 is much better than the Stock Clutch. I got the S2 and it is about 4x better than the King Cobra Clutch. I can only imagine how much better the S4 is... :D

BTW, get the Aluminum Flywheel while you are at it. It is AWESOME!

·
Authorized Advertiser
145 Posts
Black01Bullitt said:
I will be adding a 10# Procharger kit in a few years. But that is a while off. Would the stage 2 work even after I add the supercharger. I will keep the power moderate and no go crazy with it.

Thanks,
Brent
Yeah, it should be fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What are the adv.'s of havin an aluminum flywheel? Since the GP is goin on now I figure I just should get everything right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
01BlkGT said:
What are the adv.'s of havin an aluminum flywheel? Since the GP is goin on now I figure I just should get everything right now.
Ligther than stock, stronger than stock. Lighter means the engine will rev faster. I couldn't believe the difference it made on my '01. I figured since I was doing the clutch, I might as well as do the flywheel... Glad I did... My 2 cents.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I also agree going with a Fidanza Alumnium Flywheel. I would go with a Stage II clutch, I love mine. If you went with a stage three it is a button style clutch, meaning it is either engaged or not and there is no slipping the clutch. Go Stage II.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts