Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys like topic says what size plenum and TB do you all recommend for a turbo setup on a built 4.6 2v.

By the way I have the Edlebrock intake with MMRs adapter plate to bolt up to stock plenums, etc

Thanks

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
That's a wide open question. Need more details about what your goals are.

ks

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
we have been [email protected] with a 90mm into a 4150 flange intake on a 302 based motor...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goals for the car will be a streetable turbo mustang. Its a 5 speed. I want to make between 700 and 800 hp at the wheels. Will be going sumped tank and return style fuel. Looking at the Hellion single turbo kit upgraded to a 76mm turbo. Thats a rough plan...thanks

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Goals for the car will be a streetable turbo mustang. Its a 5 speed. I want to make between 700 and 800 hp at the wheels. Will be going sumped tank and return style fuel. Looking at the Hellion single turbo kit upgraded to a 76mm turbo. Thats a rough plan...thanks
Slap a 75mm TB on it and never look back! Well rounded size for a 10 second turbo car, all the way to a mid 8 second turbo car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys trying to decide on what injectors to run. I was thinking between 80 and 100 lb is that going to be good enough? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've read on here a 90mm would be too big. Im new to modular engines so this why I needed assistance. Would a 90 be better?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I don't know what makes it better/worse but I have a Accufab 90mm on mine with a 3.5 MAF pipe and it drives perfect for me on the street.
It dyno'd 735hp a few months ago but I'm going for 900hp sometime this year.

ks

·
Registered
865 Posts
90mm is a good size, wish i would have gone with a 90. only issue with a large tb is you lose some throttle sensitivity. a slight press of the peddle and the tb may only open a few degrees but because of its size, thats a lot of air. if you have good foot control, it doesnt matter

·
Registered
389 Posts
I run a 90 on a single 76 dart 347. Absolutely no problems. As far as a mod motor goes I not sure buddy. I was just always perplexed why anyone would run a 75 then say boost will just push it through that's all. I'm not criticizing anyone who does, but let restrictive is always better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey giys getting further into the build and now am about to buy injectors. Everything I have read says i will need an injector driver to run low impedance injectors which is what most larger injectors are.

My question is does someone have a link to a such stated driver as I have searched and can't find crap! Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Acceleronics VersaFueler did me well. Until I went with high Z's from ID which are awesome and stainless steel for e85.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see AEM makes a driver as well. But do the injectors have to be flow matched to the driver like the previous brand the last member posted?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts