Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a Fox coupe with 15x8.5 Convo Pro's with 5" BS?? I need close to 26" for the gearing, but what width would be ideal? & fit properly.
I run on a fairly slick 1/8 mile 1.73-1.78 60's on 26x11.50-16 ET streets on pony wheels. At HRP 1.63-1.68- 60's launching at 4-4500rpm. My RR was squatting too much or I would've tried a little harder.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's the biggest ET Street you'll find in a 26. Add the airbag and you'll notice an improvement if you 60 by itself. The wider wheels will also give em a bigger contact patch. I always like to run a little extra fuel in the Coupes, since they're so light in the ass.:p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Have you though about trying a 27" tire. It will only lower your trap RPM a few hundred, and will make you launches more consistent. The Hoosier hooks OK on mild apts, but on some high TQ/HP apts it tends to spin.:(

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Qtrhrse23
Will the 11.50's clear with these wheels? are the 10.50's big enough?
I probrably should have a 4.30 rear (I shift at 6200) so I'm affraid taller would hurt, more than help?
With a few tweaks, lighter wheels & 30#'s off the driver (it's cheaper than buying lightweight car parts), I hope to trap 114

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I had the 26x11.50's on my 8.5" Warriors with the same 5" BS.

Worked out great for me, if the car is lowered you may need to roll the outer lips. I had a ton of room on the inside.

Here's an old pic...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good looking car, thanks for the pics!
Do you happen to have a veiw down the side?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
No, that set-up is long gone. Those pics are close to 3 years old now. I wanted wider and Centerline doesn't make them in 10" so they were sold for some Welds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts