91 coupe
306 trick flow tw heads been ported, flow 270 titanium retainers
1.6 rockers custom grind cam 500-500 lots of duration
edelbrock performer upper and lower with 24 lb injecters pro m mass air
70 mm throttle body.
world class t-5
3.73 gears full exhaust
upper and lower control arms drag springs front an rear

motor dyno at 317 rear wheel horse power and 386 torque.
what should this run in the eight mile?? alos any predictions on what it would run with 150 shot.

any input is appreciated/ thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any 1/8 mile predictions?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the motor from a guy and he said it ran 7.33 in 1/8 on motor with a full body coupe c-4 trans with 400 stall im putting it in my coupe with is lighter with a 5 speed motor has never been sprayed yet.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what would be a good gear for the combo?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Tire size and shift points will come into play on what gear you "need" and how often you intend to spray it..............i'd put a set of '56s in it if its mostly a track /weekend car and '30s if it was going to be sprayed most of the time..............also some 26x10 slicks:)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not going to spray it that often. so 4.56 would be a good gear for motor??

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
What track in NC would you be running at? What does your car weigh? Can you powershift? Is the car completed? A lot of things come into play. I run 4.10's with 28" tall tire. I usually run in the 8.0 area in the 1/8.

I can't seem to get 26" ET Drags to hook up.... Probably because I side step the clutch at 6k rpm...... :evil:

any 1/8 mile predictions?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'd do '56s.........thats what i've got in my new combo......you can always throw a little bigger tire on it if its to short..........this is also for 1/8th. only........the torque # might make me think of the '30s though..........really depends on where its making power, i'm just guessing so take all this with a grain of salt:)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I run at harrells dragstrip near wilmington. ive already run 7.80 with my old motor leaving at 5700 with a 26 inch slick with 1.66 short time with lowering springs. i just bought this other motor and havent put it in yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts