Ford Mustang Forums banner

What "should" my fox run?

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Goody_700 
#1 ·
Just curious to see if anyone of you's had the same set up and what it would run.

It's a 347 with AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM II intake, Comp cam, Holley 80mm throttle body, 24lb injectors with a 90MM maf, MSD ignition and 373 gears. It also still has AC lol..

For suspension I'm going to take out the old set up and replace it with 4cyl springs all the way around, Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks w/ air bag in the rear and strange 10 way adj. front struts.

I know this is going to be based on 60fts and driving skills but with it hooking and driving like I stole it what "should" I see??

I'm guessing low 12's maybe high 11's on slicks?

Any input is appreciated and opinions are welcomed ;)

Thanks,
Vinnie.

#5 ·
Hahaha whoops, I thought you were asking what YOU would run!!! My apologies! Looking at the thread title, I must have missed the part where you asked about other people with similar combos.... If you run that time, do I win anything????
SS

#17 ·
Well, my car runs mid 12's with the combo in my sig so with all of that stuff you have, if you aren't DEEP into the 11's you may opt for a driver mod.

#19 ·
I think everyone depends on combo and what you want out of it but I agree, 165's might be a little small...........also the tw's should outperform the 165's all day long unless something is mismatched.

I can also tell you of people who went from tw's to comparable afrs and made less hp

#20 ·
my 347 procomp 210 5 speed full weight lx ac and all went 11.82 @117mph in 45 ded weather with a 1.75 60 foot o TRUE 17 inch radial tires. In the heat it went 11.82 @114.5 in the heat on 17 inch mickeys with a 1.63 60 foot so cold air and the mickeys 11.50 maby

#21 ·
Assuming you're a good driver, I would think anything more than 11s (12.00s or slower) you should be disappointed. Provided the air is good and you hook...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.