Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's need a little help here i have a street car that i want to run at the track . it has a MM road and track box suspension and i was wondering if i should get drag springs? what i have is a 363 fordstroker 428 rwhp 450tq na and want to spray it with a125 shoot and i'll be running 275-60-15 M-H DR with 3.73 5 speed gears just trying to get it to hook i'm hoping for some low 11's or better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
really i was hoping all i needed to do is springs,ARB and pull my front sway bar i know i have the power. and i also would like to thank a few people here seance i have been fallowing this site for the last 5 years. TomR, 95cobraguy, jclauson, shifter and woody for putting me in the right direction. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Most of the magic in making your radials really work without breaking stuff will be in the clutch. Not enough clutch and it will smoke the clutch, too much clutch and the engine will bog. Way too much clutch and the radials will spin or parts will break. You want just enough clutch to handle the engine's power in high gear without slipping. Problem is, matching the clutch to your engine's NA output and matching it to your engine + 125 shot will be two different clutch setups.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really i have been talking a lot of crap to my dsm buddy's and its almost time for the track to see if i have what it takes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's some good info, after reading that i don't think my G-force is going to last maybe i should go auto.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My only problem is i have stiff suspension i do have adj lca's. 1st2en&3rd are worthless on 315-35-17 nitto dr. And i'll be racing awd turbo laser at the NW street challenge i can't loose.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Those tires won't get it done anyways. I run the 275/60 nittos on street an blow them off in any gear. I run a Mickey radial an hook no problem. Ur suspension is setup like a 3rd gen up Camaro an ta and they hook in mud typically. Tires an loosen up front an give it a try

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be running 275-60-15 M-H dr they are suppose to grip pretty good. yeah i'm not impressed with the nittos.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I have this figured out i'm going to get some team z springs,arb & a clutch slip controller and my old springs in the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts