Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a couple years ago I ordered a new shortblock with -15cc dished pistons, because at the time the plan was to keep my NON-PI heads and just get as much as I can out of my P1SC and call it a day. What should have been a quick build, ended up taking close to a year. Blower was sold for a Hellion single turbo, and my entire NON-PI engine was sold to a buddy who blew the motor in his daily driven 96GT. So I ended up buying a set of P&P PI heads, but with the standard head gasket thickness that left me with 10.3:1 C/R. So I bought some .06" cometic gaskets that dropped my C/R down to 9.7:1. Due to too much timing in my last tune, I blew a gasket and now the whole thing is coming apart again. My question is, should I just lower the timing and do the same thing again, thicker gaskets and run it on 91 octane(CA) and hope for the best? Or run the standard gasket thickness and just run E85? I have 1000HP glennsperformance fuel system with teflon coated everything, and Glenn himself told me that this system was safe to run E85 and good to 750HP. I've read about thicker gaskets messing with your quench or squish or whatever, and that I could be possibly putting myself at an even higher risk of detonation anyways, though the C/R would be lowered. Which direction would you go and why? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance...

·
Registered
932 Posts
I plan on running 10 :1 on my new short block. Im running 93 octane and will add a meth kit if I need to. I would say 9:7 should be fine if the tune is right. You could also try adding meth kit would pick up your octane a couple point and lower your IAT s

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
If you have e85 by you I would run that. You won't have detonation problems.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a station with E85 literally a block from my apartment. The only thing I'm concerned with is my injectors, I'm not sure if 60lbers will be enough...

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
How much hp are you planning on running?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Don't feel bad. Mine were over 3 times that lol.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
no theyre not. 80's are actually cheap compared to what youll pay if you go any bigger. Im expecting to pay between $1-2k for my set depending on if I can find a set used in good condition or not

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
no theyre not. 80's are actually cheap compared to what youll pay if you go any bigger. Im expecting to pay between $1-2k for my set depending on if I can find a set used in good condition or not
You looking for ID2000's?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I looked into the Morans and ID's. IMO the Morans are better suited to a larger/wider intake runner. They have a very wide spray pattern which I felt would just spray on the intake runner walls and puddle up. The ID's can also run at a lower ms (idle). If I remember right the Morans can go down to 1.2 or 1.4 ms. The ID's down to .8ms. My ID2000's idle in the .6s with no issues.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I made 700 rwhp with 80's and a stock Fox ECU on e85. And I have a supercharger. Turbos don't tax the fuel system as much so I think you may get away with 60's. You can bump FP a little to make the injector act larger as well. Your fuel pumps shouldn't have a problem handling it at that hp level.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts