Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is a 97 cobra with an on3 turbo kit. on the intake below the iac valve i put a small k&n style filter on it. will it work better if i plumb it into the intake tube before the throttle body. the car has not been tuned yet but has a crazy idle when it's cold. would it have any effect on my idle or performance? anybody have pics of how it should be done?

·
Registered
456 Posts
It will run like crap and be hard to tune.
The mass air meeter must be able to meeter all the air the enters the intake if you want to be able to tune the car.
Right no you are basicly idling on a large vacum leak. The ECU has no idea what is going on.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
ok, the iac valve is on top and has a tube that runs to the air intake assembly. underneath the iac valve is a port, the one you currently have the filter on. why did you put it there? that port should be connected by a hard plastic tube to the pcv valve on the valve cover. with it left open like that you are only creating a huge vaccum leak. the car wont run right at all and would be impossible to tune. It should be either plugged or reconnected like factory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts