Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already had the car tunned. Its a 331 dart with victor jr heads,victor efi intake,Pony Down 78mm turbo, small hydro roller cam ( will be going custom), 1.6 rr's, C4, and tunned via a PMS. Car makes 17#'s and 93 pump gas. Let me know what I should be around and what you are making with sim setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'm gona guess 650-700HP, just an uneducated guess. What compression? Auto's are tricky on the dyno I hear. It should haul azz!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kind of a mis-leading question. You've had the car tuned, so whats the numbers?

But, I would say no more than 550 to the wheels. My car makes 543, same cubes, afr 205's, small turbo cam, pump gas, alk/water inj, all through a th400 on 15lbs boost from a 67mm.

You do have a bigger turbo, so I'd say you are also pushing it on pump gas, unless you go with a quality alk/water injection, or big octane.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Kind of a mis-leading question. You've had the car tuned, so whats the numbers?

But, I would say no more than 550 to the wheels. My car makes 543, same cubes, afr 205's, small turbo cam, pump gas, alk/water inj, all through a th400 on 15lbs boost from a 67mm.

You do have a bigger turbo, so I'd say you are also pushing it on pump gas, unless you go with a quality alk/water injection, or big octane.
I’d say that either your th400 is eating 100+rwhp on the dyno….or whoever ran your dyno gave set something up wrong. Judging by the times in your sig…and simply looking at your combo, there is no way you are only making 543 at the wheels. You should be dyno-ing in the 650-700rwhp range….or perhaps a touch lower depending on your tranny. He'll loose a few horsepower from the smaller heads, so figure 600-650rwhp range.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Loose non-lock up converter. If I had my 5 speed in there, yes I would be making the numbers you stated.

I agree the th400 is suckin up some power, but its bullit proof.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
17psi should put you well over 700rwhp

Remember boost "psi" is not a measure of airflow, its a measure of back pressure
for your particular intake path.

Those heads and intake are very free flowing.
Even a modest cam will have a lot of air flowing thru before pressure builds to 17psi
vs. having small 302 heads and intake.

Good set-up, you should be happy with results I'm guessing

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
17psi should put you well over 700rwhp

Remember boost "psi" is not a measure of airflow, its a measure of back pressure
for your particular intake path.

Those heads and intake are very free flowing.
Even a modest cam will have a lot of air flowing thru before pressure builds to 17psi
vs. having small 302 heads and intake.

Good set-up, you should be happy with results I'm guessing
You say i should be making well over 700. But im not. I think my cam is alittle to big (Lunati 51012). Could this be hurting me? I was thinking of trying a F cam before I go custom. I see alot of people have good results with an F cam.

I just want to make sure Im getting the most power out of this combo before I try to make more power(more boost,cam,Meth Injection).

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
See signature for my dyno results with my Pony down kit! Thats through a tremec 5-speed with 18 Degrees timing and an A/F of 10.8-1. You should be somewhere between 600-700rwhp because its through an auto. Stick cars put up higher rwhp due to less drivetrain loss. Fyi im running an x-303 cam and alot of people have good results with the " F " cam. No need for a custom cam in my opinion, but thats just an opinion.

·
Registered
411 Posts
For one ditch the pms, they are ####. You would be better off with a chip tune than pms.(a stand alone is much nicer) Yes the F cam will be sufficiant. With your combo you should be around 650-700 but you are trying to push it on pump gas. C16 is a good insurance policy and definately makes a difference. Though this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the PMS. MY car runs great. I had DFI and hated it. I had it tuned by Job Spetter himself and it ran ok but drivabilty sucked. I tried to get him to retune it for almost 2 months with no response.

I put the PMS in and the car made same amount of power and drivabilty was 100% better!

Im going to be installing a Meth injection kit and turn the boost up. C16 is not an option since I drive the car on the street alot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts