Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I friend of mine at work says it will only do 15 something. I thought it would atleast get into the 14 mark. I told him ive seen online of peaple with stock getting into the 14 mark. He said that everytime he goes to the track that all he has seen is 15 and 16 #s and that his buddy with a 01 lightning that has a best of 14 something would eat me up. Is this true that this car cant get into the 14's stock??

·
Registered
998 Posts
A WELL DRIVEN 02 GT will get into the 13's on a good day. 14's should be no problem. That being said, I raced a brand new o2 GT coupe 5 pseed last saturday at the track. I beat him 14.601 to his 15.043. Unless your freind can't drive, he should beat you pretty easily in his lightning. The ones I've seen all run 13's or 12's. I don't know what track they are at, but those times seem pretty bad.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have only 2 mods, a H-pipe and Cat back, and i ran 13.54 @ 102

·
Registered
527 Posts
There are exceptions, but 14.0 to 14.5 is the norm. A good track or one of those freak cars like ZincStang2001 will break into the 13's, but that is like 1 in a 100 maybe even a thousand chance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. Atleast now i can tell him 14's can be had pretty easy. I guess ill find out this friday or next when i go to the track. what rpm do you all launch at? How far should i take the tach through each gear?I dont want to redline the car. BTW the car only has 900 miles on it. I havent ran it real hard yet.WTH i have a 75k warranty. From what ive read it wont hurt it anyhow.

·
Registered
527 Posts
1/2 bent said:
Thanks for the replys. Atleast now i can tell him 14's can be had pretty easy. I guess ill find out this friday or next when i go to the track. what rpm do you all launch at? How far should i take the tach through each gear?I dont want to redline the car. BTW the car only has 900 miles on it. I havent ran it real hard yet.WTH i have a 75k warranty. From what ive read it wont hurt it anyhow.
LAunch at around 3000 rpm, but you need to slip the clutch a lot. The 4.6 is hard to launch. Too much and it will spin, too little and it will bog. The secret it slipping the clutch. It takes a lot of practice. You want to slip it so that you get just a little spining, but too much that the tires go up in smoke.

Make sure you shift at 6000 rpm on all you shifts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone wanna buy my "freak Car" i really do want to sell it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah

2002 Mustang GT?
13s isn't easy on stock tires, especially on 65+ temp day
It's possible though, it depends on how sticky the track is.
2.0 or better 60' times required for consistent 13s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts