Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I recently bought a 2014 Shelby GT500 completely stock, with the track pack and performance pack. While the car is fun to drive and is pretty quick there is one concern/question I have. According to the electronic vacuum/boost gage in the display on the gage cluster I don't seem to be building any boost until about 4000 RPM, is this normal? I would have thought a positive displacement blower would be showing boost at a much lower RPM

Also is there anything I can do to make the blower louder? I can barely hear it when driving

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a 99 supercharged cobra and a 13 shelby. I think the boost occurs more under a load relationship rather than a set rpm. The vacuum/boost gauge is as much a load meter as a boost gauge. Run your car down to a slower than normal speed for 4th gear and start a progressive advance of the throttle. I am sure you will notice the gauge will go into boost very quickly. Think of it as a balancing act between how much air your engine is moving, rpm relative, and the amount of pressure the supercharger makes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Railroad, is correct, I believe. I also have a 2014 and the boost can come in at a low rpm and sometimes high depending on the driving conditions.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yup..everyone is correct:salute:

"Boost" or a vacuum measurement is really controlled by load here (versus rpm) in these cars. Even a centrifugal which is really tagged for RPM in all ways of sorts will show boost with load only.

On my '13 Shelby it is always in boost (because boost=happy-happy time to me:).

·
Registered
22,847 Posts
Hello all

I recently bought a 2014 Shelby GT500 completely stock, with the track pack and performance pack. While the car is fun to drive and is pretty quick there is one concern/question I have. According to the electronic vacuum/boost gage in the display on the gage cluster I don't seem to be building any boost until about 4000 RPM, is this normal? I would have thought a positive displacement blower would be showing boost at a much lower RPM

Also is there anything I can do to make the blower louder? I can barely hear it when driving

Thanks

Ron
switch from that roots SC to a Twin Screw, and you will see the difference internal compression can make.

·
Registered
16,644 Posts

Thanks

Ron
Pulley swap and fill in the silencer holes on the bottom of the blower. You'll definitely hear it then. :D

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
The 13-14 Shelby's have to be driven a certain amount of miles before they will make full boost. That is completely normal. Read your owners manual and just keep driving it

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
get a compressor on there instead of a blower, then it will make the right noise
They come with A/C from the factory. But if they whine you have problems. :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
once you're in gear and stomp on it, it'll build boost at like, 1500rpm. lol mine does at least. Pegs 15psi in a fraction of a second

edit: mods are intake, pulley, off road H, and tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts