Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Summit radiator (made by Northern) in my car. I had a Black Magic Extreme 185 fan with it. Worked perfect. Then, I decided to add boost. My pulley is a 6", 6-rib setup. My Black Magic fan wouldn't even come close to fitting. So after doing some research, seems the Contour fans are what a lot of supercharged guys are running. I lucked out and found a brand new, old stock setup. Perfect! Well, I mocked it up tonight, and while it JUST clears my crank pulley, it doesn't look like the belt will come even close to clearing the back of the fan.

So I'm left with what, running a stock style radiator? I'd rather not have to ditch my 2 core that I have.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really have the room as it sits. The radiator is already tucked up under the lip as far as it can go. But I also have AC, and I have a small fan as a pusher on the front of the condenser. I know I don't need it, but it's more piece of mind for me, if my main cooling fans or controller ever give out, I still have a back up by turning my AC on, so to speak. So yeah, just don't have any space left. They're all sandwiched together pretty tight.

I picked out my specific rad based on the fact it's got twin 1" tubes. It's quite thick. I'm going to try and finish getting it all buttoned up tonight and see where it stands.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I feel your pain, I went through this same thing last winter when I installed my vortech. I had a champion radiator and it was nowhere near close enough to clear. I ended up buying an SVE radiator from LMR. Fit and finish was great and it keeps my car cool. I also run contour fans and I have enough room I went 8 rib.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got it all together tonight, and if I have an 1/8" between the belt and motor, that's being generous. I even took the heat cover off the motor. Too close for comfort for me. Your's looks great!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am using a Champion 2 row with Contour fans clears my 10rib.
I just dropped a Summit rad in. Looks, and has identical specs, to a Champion piece. 2, .75" rows. We'll see how she cools. I already miss my monster Northern, lol.

But, I have clearance now. So on to the next hurdle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts