Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am most likely going with the BBK longtubes. I hear of people having rubbing problems and stuff like that but some say it's only on 96-98 Cobra's. These are going on my 98 SOHC. It's my daily driver so I can't have problems like that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm interested in your replies also, but I heard the easiest way to install long tubes is by pulling the K member. Is this true?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this thread isn't for installs.....its about rubbing problems on the steering shafts and stuff after install.

anybody?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just was trying to install long tubes this weekend.Drivers side seems to free of any rubs,passenger side real tight on the firewall .On the 98 cobra it IS NOT bolt on. thre biggest problem is not getting it on. It is removing the starter or trans.Not sure what else yet. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this thread is for GT mustangs. I know cobra's have rubbing problems. I just want to know about the GT's! THanks.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've found that its tough to get a straight answer for ANY question regarding long tubes. BBK, MAC, Hooker, it doesn't matter. The only thing that people seem to know is that they are a PITA to install. Its like they are the forbidden fruit or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts