Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on3 kit 90 fox 5.0

what charge pipe are you guys cutting for your MAF?

the one coming out of the intercooler or the pipe to the throttle body or both?

seems to me i would need to cut both, a little off the TB pipe and cut the most off of the intercooler pipe to place the meter in an equal distance between both bends.

just want to get an idea of what you guys do.

If i do cut both i will loose my flared ends, will i have problems blowing the couplers off under boost?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I cut the pipe that comes off the ic. Keep the piece you cut off in case you go to a stand alone and get rid of your MAF. You wont blow off a coupler under boost if you spray some cheap hairspray on the pipe before clamping it down.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I would put in the the longest straight pipe. get as far away from any bends before or after the MAF for as possible.
That is very good advice.

If the OP positions the maf as suggested in my previous post he will have a good 6" of straight piping before and after the maf sensor depending upon how low he mounts his IC. I would strongly suggest that he install the entire cold side before making the cut.

There is no other good place to position a blow through maf on this kit. The pipe on the "out" side of the IC has the longest straight run of tubing. Cutting the intake pipe would position the maf too close the a 90 deg bend where the pipe goes through the fender apron.

OP, you can find pics in my On3 build thread or I will be happy to email them to you if you are still unsure where to make the cut.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips

Are yall having to buy another silicone coupler for the maf once you add it?
My kit came with 5 straight pieces and the 90 for the tb.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thanks for the tips

Are yall having to buy another silicone coupler for the maf once you add it?
My kit came with 5 straight pieces and the 90 for the tb.
Yes, I bought a spectre at autozone for $10 bucks and planned to replace it with a good one from siliconeintakes.com. Over a year later the cheepo coupler is still holding fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts