Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Those Parts ;-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
You will need a set of aftermarket fuel rails ( UPR )
A sump on the tank works the best.
External fuel pump, Y-Block, Lines & so on.
Only downside is driveability, doest matter who burns the chip
the stock computer doesnt adapt well. We have done about 10
99 & up cars in the last six months. Speed-pro is about the only solution.
:joy:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can I use the 98GT's computer?? I have a 98 GT parsts car I can pull the fuel sys off, can I just swap the stuff out?? thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
TheGame said:
Guys......he's starting with an '89 car and a '98 parts car. He isn't starting with a '99 & up returnless car.
SD, if you note his sig, he says he has a 2000GT. I am guessing that is what he is starting with.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$ Those Parts ;-)
That depends on what you consider expensive.

You will need a set of aftermarket fuel rails ( UPR )
A sump on the tank works the best.
External fuel pump, Y-Block, Lines & so on.
Only downside is driveability, doest matter who burns the chip
the stock computer doesnt adapt well. We have done about 10
99 & up cars in the last six months. Speed-pro is about the only solution.
Hmmm, tell Jim Larocca that. He has done several successful conversions, including a GT I sold last year. Drivability was as good as any car I owned. It did take a while to tune, but that was because I was the first that I know of.

I have a 98 GT parsts car I can pull the fuel sys off, can I just swap the stuff out?? thanks for your help.
You have everthing I used right at your fingertips, except I would recommend using rails from a 97. This way you can remove the FPR and put a good aftermarket unit.

You can use your Y2K tank, but need the sending unit from the 98. Replace pump with a good 255, and an inline pump will also be needed. I used an FMU from Procharger. Don't forget you will have to make a return line. Larocca used braided line for mine.

What type of HP are you looking to acheive. This system should be fine to 450-475rwhp. I was at 430rwhp, and all was well. Starting it cold was the only issue I had, but I learned to live with that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedGTvert said:

You have everthing I used right at your fingertips, except I would recommend using rails from a 97. This way you can remove the FPR and put a good aftermarket unit.

You can use your Y2K tank, but need the sending unit from the 98. Replace pump with a good 255, and an inline pump will also be needed. I used an FMU from Procharger. Don't forget you will have to make a return line. Larocca used braided line for mine.

What type of HP are you looking to acheive. This system should be fine to 450-475rwhp. I was at 430rwhp, and all was well. Starting it cold was the only issue I had, but I learned to live with that.
THANKYOU!!!!!

I could not think why I could no swap the 98’s fuel sys right over, could I use the 98 Computer instead of a chip? Will the computer bolt in ( I have not looked at it )? Can I use the return line from the 98? I am looking to go with a turbo setup and so not trust the 99+ setup. I will find some 97 rails, and do I need to sump the tank? Thank you
Russ

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
If it is going into the 2000, then NO you cannot use the 98 computer. The 99 & up EEC's are also controlling dash items as well. You must use your current computer.

I also just noted a few things.

Personally, knowing what I know now, if I was going with a major power adder like a Turbo, then I would follow modmtrman suggestions a little closer.

I would definatly go with a bigger pump then the 255, and use an aftermarket system. Me, I would use the Accel VII.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a friend who builds the wiring harness for SPEEDPRO so I think might go with them. Its just hard to swallow the 2K price tag but it looks like thats the only way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts