Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going with an Autometer gauge set up like the one in the picture except using all Pro Comp Ultra-Lite gauges. The rest of the gauges I guess will go on the a-pillar. I know I want a boost gauge but what else are you guys running?

Thanks, SEMPER FI

BEN

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have an oil temp, trans temp, fuel pressure on cowl and Nitrous pressure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so oil temp, fuel psi, and wideband. All sound important. Looking into these now. Thanks.

I don't have a wideband. Who makes a good one?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Fuel Pressure! This is one of the most important gauges on a modified mustang.
They are nice for pinpointing fuel issues you may run into....but once everything is running properly...as long as you have a wideband it's simply not necessary IMHO. I removed my fuel pressure gauge from the dash as I already have enough to look at...and my wideband let's me know everything is running properly.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Okay so oil temp, fuel psi, and wideband. All sound important. Looking into these now. Thanks.

I don't have a wideband. Who makes a good one?
i agree with milhouse on the FP guage, wideband should beplenty for that

autometer makes a nice wideband, i have a C2 version

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Here's my set-up from Florida 5.0:

I always liked the monster tach mounted right in your face and below that in the vent is boost, autometer wide-band, FP
That was one of the first vent pods to use with the smaller 2 5/16" guage (all the wide-band comes in).
The only other guages I'd want if I go auto would be trans temp/pressure maybe brake pressure.
-J

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what I'm talkin' about! That looks good, thanks.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Going with an Autometer gauge set up like the one in the picture except using all Pro Comp Ultra-Lite gauges. The rest of the gauges I guess will go on the a-pillar. I know I want a boost gauge but what else are you guys running?

Thanks, SEMPER FI

BEN

perfect just like stock! :)

i also have in the vents electric fuel pressure and nitrous pressure :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have a few. Oil pressure, water temp and boost all mechanical. I have an electric fuel pressure, Innovative wideband and the blitz elec. boost controller. I really don't need the boost gauge anymore with the blitz and I could probably do w/o the fuel pressure gauge now.

Do you have a shift light? I have the raptor one and I like it. Its not too big, easy to install and looks real nice on my speed of sound pillar pod.

·
Registered
677 Posts
McMachine plate with Autometer Ultralites replaced all the stock stuff. I have an Autometer vent gauge plate for the Ultralite boost gauge. I need a fuel pressure gauge or something to go next to it. For me, a wideband gauge isn't really needed, since my TwEECer datalogs the LC-1 wideband. Also have a Raptor shift light between the tach and speedo.

My car with black annodized plate:

Got plate from here (they make dash kits for four-eyes too):
http://mc-machine.com/mcm_joom/content/view/12/26/

Their plate with clear annodized finish:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Looks good, they and Florida 5.0 both make a good product.
Also, I forgot to add on mine the lights are blue/brights, green/turn indicators, red/SES through XFI and the other 2 reds alert to high water temp or low oil psi (I don't have any of the reds functioning yet).
-J

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
i'm not trying to be a jerk, but for real... you shouldn't need to ask what gauges you want. you should know... ok i want to know if my fuel pressure is holding under boost... so yeah i'll need a FPG.. I need a boost gauge to seen if i'm getting boost creap, or to set my boost level... I'm gonna need an oil pressure gauge to make sure that the motor i'm beating the guts out of has a nice steady amount of oil getting to it. and you want a wideband.. if you don't buy one of them, then i really wouldn't buy the rest of them. Because if you don't care about your a/f ratio then your just wasting time :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts