Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what mufflers ? turbo setup

ok so a list below if what i have done to the car.im looking for a good muffler thats not to loud yet good for a turbo set up.

351w roller block
turbonetics 76mm turbo
JGS precision 40mm wastegate
front mount intercooler
CRT built the trans,comparable to a super comp c-4.
has a PA transbrake valve body,billet servo,PA deep pan,scs cheetah shifter,small bellhousing(157t),B&M tranny cooler,-6an steel braided lines for the cooler,
9" billet convertor 3800 stall with a billet stator in the convertor
A1000 fuel pump
Aeromotive fuel rails
Anderson Motorsport PMS
Twisted Wedge Heads
Trick flow Box R series upper and lower
75MM throttle body
PMAS blow through mass air meter
60lb injectors
Ford Racing SFI Harmonic Balancer
Ford racing aluminum drive shaft
QA-1 K member with A arms
90/10 with coilovers
Real cobra R hood
Cobra front bumper
Cobra rear bumper
rear lower control arms
2002 Cobra Complete interior
MSD6BTM with boost retard
NOS 150 dry kit
AEM Tru boost controller
15x3 and 15x10 welds wrapped in 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson Drag radials
waiting on my JGS precision wastegate and turbo to come from ups

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a Dynomax bullet on my heap. I would avoid that muffler at all costs. It is terrible sounding. Sounds like a Ford pickup with a hole in the exhaust. Just a loud ####ty sounding muffler. I am going to try a Magnaflow this weekend and see if it sounds better and quiets it down.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I went from flowmaster 40s to magnaflow magnapacks and magnaflow hi flow cats and love the way it sounds now . not too loud when im just driving around but once i open it up it sounds great. I also see full boost lower in the rpm range

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a Dynomax bullet on my heap. I would avoid that muffler at all costs. It is terrible sounding. Sounds like a Ford pickup with a hole in the exhaust. Just a loud ####ty sounding muffler. I am going to try a Magnaflow this weekend and see if it sounds better and quiets it down.
Is it the dynomax ultraflow bullet, or the race bullet?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea thats what i hear about the dynomax.sounds like a old pick up.wonder what it would sound like no muffler at all

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i have the 4" dynomax race magnum with a turn down. i love the way it sounds. if mine sounds like a truck i guess its one badass truck. deep rumble at idle like a na car but mean as hell at full song. to each his own.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Dynomax ultraflo's on mine. Pretty quiet but flow well.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the 4" dynomax race magnum with a turn down. i love the way it sounds. if mine sounds like a truck i guess its one badass truck. deep rumble at idle like a na car but mean as hell at full song. to each his own.
any videos of the car maybe i might like the sound.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
no vids but its as far from a truck as you can get. i hate the sound of a 4x4 thats too loud. i know exactly what your talking about, every redneck with a 305 and bald 35's seems to have this problem.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no vids but its as far from a truck as you can get. i hate the sound of a 4x4 thats too loud. i know exactly what your talking about, every redneck with a 305 and bald 35's seems to have this problem.
are they a chamber muffler? i was told not to run a chamber muffler

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just put a Dynomax Race magnum on mine with side exhaust..Just as loud as the open down pipe!.....I like it neighbours don't!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dynomax welded ultra flows here. Straight through design, fairly quite. IMO the best turbo muffler out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts