Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I try to get a slot-style MAF (will obviously be getting it tuned after anyway)? or just the Pro-M 80? If a slot-style does anyone have any details about which one and/or what additional piping, etc. I would need to mount it if I purchased the intercooled Vortech V-3 Si Trim? (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vor-4fa218-078l). If just going with the pro-m 80, it asks if I want to match it to my injectors (which will be 60#)....or for SCT calibration. I'm little confused on which one because I have a SCT chip in the car and it would be tuned, but what does that mean with regards to their calibration of the MAF they would send me? They talking about the SCT MAFs you can buy (SCT BA-2600)?

Also, any other details or additional parts I would need to purchase with this kit (larger couplers for my 70MM throttle body or anything like that)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a lightning MaF on my s-trim 94 cobra...pegged it at 420rwhp.....researched some mafs......thought hard about ba-2600... ended up getting PMAS HPX-E

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have a PMAS. It runs good and the tuner got it tweaked very quick, but the support is not there. I have learned my lesson from buying from small companies.
Go with the SCT.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...does anyone have any details about a slot-style I could get and the adapters/hoses/etc. I would need to get to go with that style?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinking the SCT BA-5000.....just don't know what best options are for attaching it. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/scl-ba-5000

Also, first time messing with blowers....with an intercooled setup like I'd get, does my MAF still go right next to the air-filter or elsewhere like after the power cooler or something?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thinking the SCT BA-5000.....just don't know what best options are for attaching it. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/scl-ba-5000

Also, first time messing with blowers....with an intercooled setup like I'd get, does my MAF still go right next to the air-filter or elsewhere like after the power cooler or something?
You have a choice on how you wish to run. . . either blow through or suck through with these sensors. Typically you will need a housing as well if you do the suck through, but I guess technically not?
Blow through would be inline with the throttlebody.
Just takes a little rewiring by cutting off the stock plug to the original maf and converting to the 5 wire. I would not use the IAT function in the maf sensor itself. People tend to get better results with an external IAT sensor.

I would deff talk to your tuner to see what he likes and if comfortable with using and in what configuration.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a sct ba-2600 forsale. I made 611rwhp with it. Im going holley so don't need it anymore. Only has like 1500 miles on it like new. I would like to get 225 for it. It has the adapter for 4" filter on it too that was $45 just for the adapter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts