Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am going to get a set of LCA's this year because my traction in first gear is an absolute joke. Whether on the street(97%) or on the track(3%) the car CANNOT hook.

I will lower the car soon, and I know that this can kill traction due to suspension travel and the consequent loss of energy through the stiff springs (I think) If I lose it through the springs it must spin the wheel?

Anyway, here are the concerns and questions:

1. Go with adjustable or non?
2. If the car is lowered and I put LCA's in will it affect ride height?
3. The higher the setting of the LCA I would assume the better the traction?? Vice versa.

4. I want them for straight line traction BUT I do a lot of "twisty road driving and I don't want to sacrifice any type of cornering due to them.

5. Finally, with my setup will i get some of the traction I am looking for?

Any input/answers would be greatly appreciated and will help a lot of us in understanding LCA's better. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Talk to MM and tell them what you are after.

They will set you up with a fine bang for the buck suspension.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Go with the Pro3i Street/Race LCA's. They are an almost identical copy of the MM LCA's, but they are $70 cheaper. I would stick with the standard LCA's personally. I have the MM LCA's on my 88 5.0 and the Pro3i's on my Cobra. Both are the standard versions with spherical bearings on the axle end of the arm.

www.partshopper.com I believe is the link. If not, try www.stangnet.com and click on the "Partshopper" link.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
blue88mustang said:
Go with the Pro3i Street/Race LCA's. They are an almost identical copy of the MM LCA's, but they are $70 cheaper. I would stick with the standard LCA's personally. I have the MM LCA's on my 88 5.0 and the Pro3i's on my Cobra. Both are the standard versions with spherical bearings on the axle end of the arm.

www.partshopper.com I believe is the link. If not, try www.stangnet.com and click on the "Partshopper" link.
Ditto! I've got them. Unless you want adjustable then prob UPR.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Whats the great advantage about adjustable and why would I want to do it? I am not a die hard track race just street. Ive read some of these guys mix matching some of there UCAs and LCAs. Does that matter?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
For the street and twisty roads you will want to spend the extra $20 and get the Street/Race version with the Spherical bearings. The arms with the Poly bushings in both ends will hook decent in a straight line, but will create more rear-end bind than the stock arms on the street while cornering.

I think I got my arms for $184 delivered. If you buy from Hotpart.com it comes to $173 delivered with the free shipping. I say buy them from Hotpart and save an extra $11. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
229 Posts
blue88mustang said:
For the street and twisty roads you will want to spend the extra $20 and get the Street/Race version with the Spherical bearings. The arms with the Poly bushings in both ends will hook decent in a straight line, but will create more rear-end bind than the stock arms on the street while cornering.

I think I got my arms for $184 delivered. If you buy from Hotpart.com it comes to $173 delivered with the free shipping. I say buy them from Hotpart and save an extra $11. Good luck on your decision.
Thanks for the tip. I just called them and changed my order:cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am in the same boat. I am about to drop my 97 cobra but I am gonna need traction bigtime since my KB will be installed in the next few weeks.
I am curious to see what will happen if I use Eibach Pro's and these Pro3i Street/Race LCA's.
I don't want it to low but I deff. want to get rid of the 4x4 look.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blue88mustang said:

So the poly bushings on both ends actually make your car loose the rear more in street driving? Thats not what I want. I want something to help me hook at the track but still help(not hurt)on the street around curves. Anything out there like this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
LCA'S

I did both, lowered the car and installed the PRO3i's LCA's(street/race). Seems like the LCA's raised my rear a bit after the install(car seemed lower with just the springs). Also, my car still spins the tires. In my opinion the LCA's alone won't cut it. I figure i need a set of drag radials.

As far as the cornering goes, i wish i could give some input on that, but we don't have many twisting roads down in Miami.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts