Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, curious to see what you are all seeing for max camber? I slotted the holes on the strut tower... only seeing ~ 1.1 degrees on the passenger side. K-member has been checked to make sure it is square.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
I can get -3 on one side and a little more than that on the other, MM fox K-member, standard-offset fox-lengh A-arms, '96 spindles and Koni Yellows. I can dial it back to something less than 1 degree if need be.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hey guys, curious to see what you are all seeing for max camber? I slotted the holes on the strut tower... only seeing ~ 1.1 degrees on the passenger side. K-member has been checked to make sure it is square.
Have you slotted the holes in the damper? Also check degree on the spindle. With weight on the spindle(lifting up), you can increase negative camber. That is if you haven't checked this already.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it have something to do with the a arms are in the upper holes?
I'm curious about this as well. We also need to get the car on a truly flat surface ... I'm thinking my Longacre tool is reading slightly askew even though I zeroed it out on the back wheels (respective to the side I was measuring).

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
-2.3' both sides, with a little bit more left on the camber plates. Holes are not elongated on the strut tower, and this is with MM k-member, fox control arms in the lower holes, 96+ spindles, HD Bilsteins, and MM C/C plates.

·
Registered
190 Posts
-6.2 on the drivers side and -6.5 on the Pass side

Sn95 offset A-arms, slotted strut towers, CC plates and crash bolts.

Yes I know it is not ideal but I wanted to see how it drove at the max. I will probably be dropping it down to -3.5 and do more testing from there. But man does it turn in like crazy.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I can get -3 on one side and a little more than that on the other, MM fox K-member, standard-offset fox-lengh A-arms, '96 spindles and Koni Yellows. I can dial it back to something less than 1 degree if need be.
Same setup as mine, except Bilstiens. I am getting right around -3.5° max. I have it set to -1.5° for the street.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
Strut/spindle bolts with an eccentric build in that allows axial misalignment between the strut holes and spindle holes. Also called "camber bolts", but known as "crash bolts" because body shops use them to get alignment back when the chassis is still tweaked.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
1,020 Posts
....I zeroed it out on the back wheels (respective to the side I was measuring).
I've seen several cars with -0.3 or even more on the rear wheels, even though it is a solid axle. This could be skewing your reading. Still yoou are off by more than 3 tenths, so the answer probably lies elsewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts