Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see if anyone out there with a kennebell (the big boy for 5.0s not the smaller) and a big bore stroker 363 had any hp numbers. I'm in the process of sizing parts for such a project. And I want a general hp/tq range. My cam is not going to be radical. I will have AFR renegade 195 or 205's. I am going to be keep it at 6000 and lower. This just helps me get the right parts the first time. One question I have is who makes a set of fuel rails to support this power? Stock rails too small right?

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
I run a 358 cid 8.2" deck SBF with a 2.8L Kenne Bell. 9.0:1 compression AFR 220 Renegade heads, solid roller cam. At 20 PSI I am putting down over 900 HP at the tires. And yes you need bigger fuel rails if you are going to be making much north of 500 whp. I got my fuel rails from BBRC, but it took a while and some pestering to get them. That was a few years ago, so maybe easier to get a hold of.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.......900 is a little out ofmy league LOL.......awesome though! I think I will have boost around 15 psi based on the pulley chart with the blower. I have a meth kit that I will be using all the time as well( onboost anyways). Its got a 4 gallon tank,so I'll check it at every fill up. As for power, I was thinking the combo should put me around 550-600. That sound about right? I will get the 72cc heads and dished pistons so I can keep the compression down and live on cheap gas.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I just checked into the fuel rails by bbrc. 750 is a large nut for fuel rails. But if that's what I need to supply the beast, I will. I know fuel rails for that blower are not readily available. Id just rather spend that money elsewhere.

After checking again, that was a complete kit. The rails are only 250. many betters:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
Those rails are awesome because they clear the distributor and give plenty of room for an-fittings. And 600+ hp should be easy at 15 psi.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am looking to see if anyone out there with a kennebell (the big boy for 5.0s not the smaller) and a big bore stroker 363 had any hp numbers. I'm in the process of sizing parts for such a project. And I want a general hp/tq range. My cam is not going to be radical. I will have AFR renegade 195 or 205's. I am going to be keep it at 6000 and lower. This just helps me get the right parts the first time. One question I have is who makes a set of fuel rails to support this power? Stock rails too small right?
Vernon (saleen414) is a wealth of knowledge and also 92Rohcp is too. This guy built a 363cid KB intercooled street car. It started out as a 302 HCI and ended up getting a ton of upgrades throughout the thread. Lots of good info in this thread for a street car on how to keep IAT's down and tuning as well.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/member-build-up-projects/1125365-diy-kenne-bell-fox-air-air-intercooler-build-list.html

I don't have as much engine as you are planning. My car should be on the road toward the end of next week though. It's just a stock 302 with a 2.1L. I'll move up from there as time goes on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I remember reading about most aftermarket rails being very difficult around the distributor area. Is clearance an issue under the blower with these rails ? If so, then I go with shorty injectors? I'm going siemens deka.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Foxbody 817- thanks for the info as well. Originally, my car was just a 302 with heads and cam.....blower. I had 100,000 onthe engine, it ran great, but it wasn't mine. I just bought it. So, I freshened it up and put on the heads and blower. Everything was brand new. A piece of metal somehow got in cylinder #1 and ruined the bore and piston. It played plinko in there onthe start up. So instead of punching the block out and getting new pistons, I decided to go big. So, here I am.......going big or bust. I'm learning all I can about the details involved with the bigger block and sizing parts before I start buying evrything.

Vernon, thanks for all the info so far.

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
The fuel rails, even after market ones clear the S/C just fine. The BBRC fuel rails clear the stock distributor very nicely.

Glad to help

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
Vernon (saleen414) is a wealth of knowledge and also 92Rohcp is too. This guy built a 363cid KB intercooled street car. It started out as a 302 HCI and ended up getting a ton of upgrades throughout the thread. Lots of good info in this thread for a street car on how to keep IAT's down and tuning as well.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/member-build-up-projects/1125365-diy-kenne-bell-fox-air-air-intercooler-build-list.html

I don't have as much engine as you are planning. My car should be on the road toward the end of next week though. It's just a stock 302 with a 2.1L. I'll move up from there as time goes on.
Don't forget to check the oil level in the S/C before running it. It may have been drained out. I don't remember. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like I will go with those rails. They are nice looking rails. I may just buy the kit. I will need the regulator anyways. I just remembered that the stock regulator bolts to the rails and the aftermarket have no provisions for them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't forget to check the oil level in the S/C before running it. It may have been drained out. I don't remember. Better safe than sorry.
Wow, that reminds me I need to order some oil!! ha! Have you ever used Redline 50w race oil instead of buying from KB?

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
Yup. Works good. Is probably what KB uses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts