Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title saids I'm debating on what pump(s) I should get.. Thinking of taken the line from my pump to my Y block and upgrading it to a -10 (my whole system is a -6 now) and running 2 walbros GSL 392'S so basically it be -10 from the tank to the y block in the engine bay. Then -6 would come off the Y block and feed each rail, after the rails come to fuel pressure reg and return be a -6.

Will this be a problem?

what pumps are you guys running?

·
Registered
389 Posts
As the title saids I'm debating on what pump(s) I should get.. Thinking of taken the line from my pump to my Y block and upgrading it to a -10 (my whole system is a -6 now) and running 2 walbros GSL 392'S so basically it be -10 from the tank to the y block in the engine bay. Then -6 would come off the Y block and feed each rail, after the rails come to fuel pressure reg and return be a -6.

Will this be a problem?

what pumps are you guys running?
Thats what I got!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Walbro 255 intank Std fuel line to Surge tank, two -8 outlets to filter to two 044 bosch pumps,
2 X's short -4 outlet to -8 lines 40 micron filters and up to each fuel rail.. Fuel reg is at front has two ports to each fuel rail with -6 fuel return line..646 rwhp...

·
4,305 Posts
My old car had two Bosches on it. I had a sump in the tank and fed each pump with its own -10(or maybe it was -8) lines. Then I screwed in Kinsler filters into the pump outlets and ran -8 lines out of each pump and into their own fuel rail. I then ran I think -8 or maybe -6 lines out of each rail and into a Weldon regulator which then had a -6 return line back into the top of my tank. The exact same setup, except filter selection, was on my friends car and supported around 1200 fwhp. He later rigged in a third Bosch and was supporting closer to 1500 fwhp.

Those pumps look to be exactly like the pumps Mercedes used on the two 1985 cars I have owned(500 SEL and 380SE). Back when I had an SC combo I used to use stock lines with a 190 intank pump and a Bosch inline and used the stock filter setup as well as rails. That setup supported around 550 fwhp without any issues at all.

Personally I'd never use anything but a Bosch pump. They are not too loud, they do not have over heating issues and the list goes on but at the end of the day they support a good bit of power per pump as well.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Snipe is right on!

Don't think you need some "big name" pump to support hp. These OEM style pumps are proven and WILL last under DD conditions.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I agree with above poster. I have been running an Eliminator on the street with no controller and have had no issues so far with a sumped tank.
My other car has a Glenn's Performance fuel system and that is a nice way to go also. Each 255 pump feeds 1 rail.

·
Registered
389 Posts
For those of you running the walbro GSL 392 with the Glenns system, which wire goes to what terminal. The pumps I was sent are not marked. Second question what size wire did you use to connect power to the pumps

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have two GSS342's mounted in a 03 cobra hat.
656rwhp through a C4 transmission so far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts