Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most boost you can run on a stock 302 with 24 pound injectors, FMU and a 255 fuel Pump? I've been running 12 psi for a year car runs great. Just checking to see if 12psi is the max. The car has gt40 iron heads also. She runs 7:12 in the 8th at 99. Mph

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
754 Posts
What is the most boost you can run on a stock 302 with 24 pound injectors, FMU and a 255 fuel Pump? I've been running 12 psi for a year car runs great. Just checking to see if 12psi is the max. The car has gt40 iron heads also. She runs 7:12 in the 8th at 99. Mph

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Did you have it tuned or is it just Fmu and stock ecu?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Around 500RWHP is the stock block breaking point. It's not really a factor of boost as that is just a measurement of restriction.

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
Around 500RWHP is the stock block breaking point. It's not really a factor of boost as that is just a measurement of restriction.
HP and torque are, indeed the determining factors; however, I would almost guarantee that 500RWHP, in most cases, will end up splitting a stock block. Yes, there are those who have done/are doing it (and *that* motor lives a decent life), but 425 RWHP max is a MUCH safer general limit.

EDIT: I would agree if that 500HP stated is flywheel.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts