Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am currently building a blow through set up and am wondering what ignition to go with.. Im not wanting to break the bank but i want something that is effective and has worked well for others. this is on a 363 windsor btw

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Hey guys I am currently building a blow through set up and am wondering what ignition to go with.. Im not wanting to break the bank but i want something that is effective and has worked well for others. this is on a 363 windsor btw
get something that controls timing, The BTM works good, or the new 6AL that you can control the timing with a laptop.. that way you can pull timing ass the boost comes up.. some people just lock the timming, but most motors dont run good down low with say 24 degrees of timming..

·
Registered
691 Posts
Programable is what you want. If you dont want to spring for the Digi7 then try the 6AL programable, or I think crane makes one, that includes a map sensor.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i was thinking the digital seven but 700- 800 dollars... wholey moley thats not in the budget right now! I was thinking btm... I didnt know that the 6al would pull timing as boost comes in? Thanks in Advance for the help.. I definately dont wanna lock the dizzy out

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I am using the mallory 685 box. Everything is adjustable (programmable) and very easy to use. Just have to buy a map sensor and harness for the sensor and you are good to go. It has worked flawlessly for me and several people i know.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am using the mallory 685 box. Everything is adjustable (programmable) and very easy to use. Just have to buy a map sensor and harness for the sensor and you are good to go. It has worked flawlessly for me and several people i know.
i have a gm 3 bar map sensor i wonder if it would work!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts