Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I should add .
Before this restriction
I was at 240cfm with no valve and I pretty much found all that cfm with the valve. And now back to same thing . And I completely see why some changed the valve angle

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sometimes the intake will stop a stall in a port. In this case at 500 lift, Nope .I didn't think it would it act to weird

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just looked at your flow chart tom. I can see we think alike. And are benches even close. I took about 6 or 7cc out at 1st to. I also have the same co efficiency chart lol. I guess u had the fastest head. Lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I guess you did a simulation
Sort of. I thought u actually flowed those. I just came in from grinding . So I was speed reading . Sorry

·
Old timer
5,841 Posts
I did it's called a gt40p. I wouldnt learn anything if I just slapped them on. In a different life, i use to develop and dyno single cylinder engines.

I found something and flow improved everywhere .
400 lift is little noisy so it may flow more at 400 once sorted.
500 ligtvit stalls now . But with no valve in 247cfm. Seems the biggest restriction is the air trying to get around the valve.
Time to take some material out
Test different valves. Cut down an aftermarket 1.940" intake valve with a 9 degree back and then add a minor undercut. Keep the margin reasonable. No sharp edges like an OEM LS3 valve.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I tested alot valves .but not a 9.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
I guess you did a simulation
Sort of. I thought u actually flowed those. I just came in from grinding . So I was speed reading . Sorry
I put your numbers in my spreadsheet with a guestimate for .600" and used a stock P head flow to compare to what you did,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I put your numbers in my spreadsheet with a guestimate for .600" and used a stock P head flow to compare to what you did,
I have a similar calculation in google sheets. Takes valve and seat ID and msca into account.
Your spread sheet is much nicer looking tho.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wife had me on paint duty.had some time to play little more. Took some more material out and played with turn little more . I really know this head now. these things can flow some air. I wouldnt be surprised if 255cfm . Maybe even 260.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts