Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just blew the head gaskets. so i figured when i have the heads off i want to put better heads on. i have stock ones on there now. i was reading and some people have trouble with plug angles in the head clearing the headers. what heads fit or can you get work done to the stock heads? i have a b&g kit. tia

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not looking for any thing crazy fast just fast enough for the street. im more concerned about being able to get the spark plugs out with out having to take the headers off. i heard about people having trouble getting the plugs out with certain heads. i think the gt40 might be one of them. so getting work done to the stockers is a waste of time and money? thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
alot will depend on the headers / turbo kit you are using. i know the on3 stuff works with the gt40/ and 40p stuff if you do the wires right..

but the issue with stock stuff, e7,gt40,gt40p is the deck isnt that thick in the head gasket area, and on higher boost levels the face of the head cant take the cylinder pressure, resulting in blown gaskets.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
698 Posts
Trick Flow is allowing it's vendors to offer the 170cc heads at reduced pricing. We have the single spring heads at $945 shipped, and the dual spring heads for $995 shipped if you are interested. There are several options out there that will yeild more power than the stockers, and be relatively easy to change plugs. PM me if you have questions.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Trick Flow is allowing it's vendors to offer the 170cc heads at reduced pricing. We have the single spring heads at $945 shipped, and the dual spring heads for $995 shipped if you are interested. There are several options out there that will yeild more power than the stockers, and be relatively easy to change plugs. PM me if you have questions.
Shipped?

What size chambers do they come in anyway?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i really like my edelbrock 6037's. very easy to change plugs and make a ton of power.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I don't know if there's a better bang for buck than this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts