Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no this has been discussed but i couldnt find it.. I no i remeber alot of people sayin rtv gold? Let me no bout to slapem on in a day or so and drop in the motor..

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Copper RTV, the Remflex gaskets work great also. Get with Chris @ PAS he can set you up.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I went with the Remflex gaskets w/locking header bolts. They lasted one heat cycle (never even drove it) and now I have a blown gasket on the passenger side. I will be keeping an eye on this thread myself.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Copper RTV here. Light coat on both the header and head, I let mine "set up" overnight, no issues yet

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Copper RTV here. Light coat on both the header and head, I let mine "set up" overnight, no issues yet
Thats how the shop that did my install did mine seem ok...

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
+1 on RTV. Been using it for quite a while with great results.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have reg felpros with copper rtv on them lasted a few years til I turned it up to 27lbs. Then replaced them with the same thing. I heard something about cometic making some.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had my headers milled flat and then put them on with Ultra Copper RTV. My buddy did the same with his. No problems with either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gs for all the info.. I have some of this catipilliar manifold sealabt.. Like 160 bucks a container soppose to with stand rediculous heat and pressure.. Got the header milled.. Im gonna try this worse case i take it apart and use the copper

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I been running high temp copper rtv with good results for the past 3 years and lord knows my headers come off atleast twice a year. After all it is formulated for turbocharged 4 cylinders lol.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
header studs are also worth investing in

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks gs for all the info.. I have some of this catipilliar manifold sealabt.. Like 160 bucks a container soppose to with stand rediculous heat and pressure.. Got the header milled.. Im gonna try this worse case i take it apart and use the copper
That stuff is great.....but a REAL pain if you need to take it apart!
Let me know if you want the part #
I work for a CAT dealer JL!~

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That stuff is great.....but a REAL pain if you need to take it apart!
Let me know if you want the part #
I work for a CAT dealer JL!~

Of coarse my farmer grand father put me up on it..stuff is pretty extreme lol.. Even if it lasts half aslong as it does on a beater tractor ill be more than happy Im hoping to get it together and not take it off again.. "ya rite"

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
you're gonna spend $160 on some magic potion plus have your headers milled, when you can simply get some arp header studs and good gaskets or copper rtv and be done with it for fraction of the cost... why not just have them tig welded :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Have worked with every method, Remflex doing well installed correctly on my personal ride and many others, We had a On3 Turbo setup last week making close to 700 Rwhp.. on the dyno many miles on this combo holding up well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
header studs are also worth investing in
This is true but at least on my on3 kit for my 94 cobra they wouldn't fit. I remember reading where someone else tried studs as well on their turbo headers without luck. I'm sure I could of gotten them to work hollowing out the holes and beating the sides of the pipes in but I didn't want to mangle mine.

Just something to consider

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I use set screws from Fastenal as my studs. The allen head makes them a breeze to install or remove. $160 on some extra strength rtv...U must be loaded. Rtv works just fine for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts