Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of you are running for engine management. Currently tuned with an SCT chip and need to get re-tuned for my new set-up. Looking for [email protected] the wheels, 408W, 10.2:1, 80lb inj, blow thru and pump gas. Not sure if I should stick with the chip or go with something like a MS/PMS. What's your combo(CI, HP, Inj, boost etc) driveability, tuning support for system used. Appreciate all info and opinions. Thanks, Donnie

·
Registered
994 Posts
Pretty happy with my MS PNP so far. Has lots of features.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i really liked my fast xfi but i recently purchased a new holley efi to try! I heard really good things about it!

·
Registered
864 Posts
I had the PMS for a while. it was good for my mild supercharger motor. couldnt seem to get it right when i went turbo. if i were to try tuning myself again, i would go with the MS PNP. i like how it data logs everything. the pms can data log if you buy some other software but it was hit or miss for me. when it did data log i found the information almost useless

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run the fast xfi, combo is in my sig...All the stand-alone's are decent, really depends on who is tuning it. Alot of people claim to be tuners out there and blame the system or parts for poor driveability, definately do your homework when looking for someone to help with the tuning.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I run the fast xfi, combo is in my sig...All the stand-alone's are decent, really depends on who is tuning it. Alot of people claim to be tuners out there and blame the system or parts for poor driveability, definately do your homework when looking for someone to help with the tuning.
whatever you do....Do not listen to this guy novi331coupe:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought the hp efi for my 347 and love it. I know you can run it on boosted engines and what not. It's very user friendly and comes with everything you need to hook it up. I would deffinetly recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
always recommend the Big Stuff 3...have 3 friends with it and they love it

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I've picked up a MS2 PNP. Going to a local tuner today to have them look the car over and discuss a few things. I still have the factory ECM in the car with an SCT chip. One of the guys there has MS on his personal turbo 4.6 cobra that runs mid 9's so I'm pretty confident he knows his way around MS stuff. Hopefully I can get it in the car and tuned by weeks end.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I use a MS but I dont tune it. I have a friend that has been using MS since they came out and he is tuning it for me. It seems really easy to use I just havent sat down and really done anything with it yet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that's what I'm doing. I'd rather have them tune it and then educate myself on the system and all its' features then do my own tuning when I make any changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts