Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finishing up the roll bar this week so I'll be NHRA legal for low 11s.

Went 11.35 @ 117 with a 1.54 60 ft with 39 degrees of timing on pump gas (93), through the pipes (1 5/8" Flowtech LTs, Flowtech X-pipe, and SLP LMII cat-back), foot braking at 2300, shifting at 6500 and going through at 6500 on 26" slicks.

I'm thinking about pushing the converter harder, running some 110 octane, adding a little timing, and swapping the LMIIs for LMIs. Any suggestions to cut some more ET on this junker? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Weight reduction? Igloo cooler for your fuel?? lol

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about done with weight reduction without stripping it out completely, and I'm simply not interested in making the car look like a Honda. I have plans to pull the dash over the off-season to remove the heater core, factory wiring for the fuel injection, etc. and possibly install a painless kit. I'd like to retain the power windows, power locks, and factory glass all the way around. The stock hood isn't much heavier than an aftermarket cowl. I'd like to keep the wing on it. Rear seat delete is super light and looks nice. Putting a Kirkey in now to replace the stock seat. Retaining the carpet (it does weigh 21 lbs, btw). Don't have the patience to remove all the sound deadening.

I think I simply need some really cool air and good track prep to put up some better numbers.
Might have to wait until October or November. lol

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The stock hood isn't much heavier than an aftermarket cowl.
I disagree. My H.O hood weighs a whopping 15 lbs, a stock hood weighs upwards of 45-50 I bet. Its the little weight drops that add up to being a big deal. Kinda like all the things that make an extra 2-3 hp that will add up to 15-20 when all said and done that can be what wins the race.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I disagree. My H.O hood weighs a whopping 15 lbs, a stock hood weighs upwards of 45-50 I bet. Its the little weight drops that add up to being a big deal. Kinda like all the things that make an extra 2-3 hp that will add up to 15-20 when all said and done that can be what wins the race.
Weight off the nose is especially important because it helps the launch too.

·
Registered
773 Posts
How heavy is the stock 94 cobra hood?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think when I had it off it weighed maybe 35 lbs?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Bumbers weight alot too, you have a roll cage now so should be good. Also Those headers look small IMO get some 1 3/4.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumper supports have already been removed.

Do you really think mine is making enough power to require headers with larger primaries?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts