Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a favor to ask of you guys who frequent this section.

Please reply and let us know:

1. What dragstrip(s) do you race at?

2. How much do they charge for open time runs or "test and tune" on weekdays and weekends.

I GREATLY appreciate any responses, hoping to get a sample from all over the US and Canada.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Cecil county was $12 last time I went there, its been a couple years. Capitol raceway and mason dixon are both $20.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wow Island Dragway here in Jersey costs $35 to run test and tune. They have test and tune on sundays though and that is better for me since during the week I work a lot.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
$20 here all nights but the second wensday of every month is 1/2 price gate

Tim

·
Registered
634 Posts
Emerald Coast Dragway in Holt,FL.............$10 to watch another $5 to race.

Friday nites during the heat, sundays during fall/winter.

1/8th. mile strip...........

·
Registered
617 Posts
Piedmont Dragway (1/8) in Julian, NC - $10 to get in, $5 to test and tune on Sundays or Thursdays.

Roxboro Dragway (1/8) in Roxboro, NC - $10 to get in, $10 to test and tune on Wednesdays (Lady's half prices at the gate on Wed), Fridays, or Saturdays.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Magnolia Drag Strip, Magnolia, Ohio $10.00 test and tune or watch. 1/8 mile

Dragway 42, West Salem, Ohio $15.00 for Tuesday test and tune. 1/4 mile

·
Registered
95 Posts
Eddyville Raceway Park, Eddyville, Iowa ( 1/8 mile)

Testing on Friday nights $20.00 and $8.00 to watch
630pm-10pm unless light turnout can be done as early as 9pm :(

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Indianapolis Raceway Park

$15 for Tuesday night test and tune. No track prep mostly street cars (high school kids in imports, some lightly modded muscle cars, bikes, etc. These events are held almost every week throughout the season.

$15 for Friday night test and tune. Same kinds of cars and bikes, except they have live bands, stereo contests, motorcycle stunt riders, etc. These events are held about once a month.

$30 for Thursday night slick tire test and tune. They actually prep the track. You see lots of big tire bracket cars running anywhere from 12s to 7s. If you want to run a number and actually cut a decent short time this is the night to show up.

Local bracket racing almost every Sunday and sometimes on Saturday. I've never actually participated in an acutal race event so not sure on tech card price. Although I would assume $30 for Trophy and Sportsman classes. Pro and Super Pro might be $50 for a tech card.

Price of admission to spectate at any of the above events ranges from $7-$10.

With the NHRA Nationals in town this weekend they have not had an event for several weeks in preparation and usually take another week or two to clean up afterwards before re opening for us little guys.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Edinburg International Race Track, last time i went $10 to get in and $5 to park in pit and race. Total of 15$ for only me.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Atco & Island have been posted, Old Bridge Raceway Park charges $28 on Weds., $24 on Fridays, $30 on Saturdays and $100 to test & tune on Sunday(raceday).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Test & tune prices for Island Dragway, $25 on Friday, $50 on Saturday(raceday), Sunday $35 test & tune, $50 solo runs, $50 no time runs........

1 - 20 of 71 Posts